Suzuki Splash – Another Small Car from Maruti in India
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Maruti Suzuki is set to roll out its new Maruti A-Star in India in mid-November. It is now gearing up to launch its another hatchback model, Suzuki Splash by early 2009. The new car will be positioned between Zen Estillo and Maruti Swift and will be priced around Rs 3.5 lakh. Speculations are rife that it may replace Wagon R in India but there is no official word about it from the company officials.
Maruti A-Star will be launched as Suzuki Alto in the European market and the new Splash will also have European style design. It will be available in 2 petrol models and one diesel model. The petrol models will be powered by 3 cylinder 1L engine delivering 165bhp and 4 cylinder 1.2L engine that delivers 86bhp. The diesel model will have 4 cylinder multi-jet 1248cc engine delivering 75bhp @ 400rpm.
It will have 5 speed manual gearbox and the controversial CO2 emission cap of 140g/km. Maruti will manufacture Splash at its Manesar plant in Gurgaon and will fall under the small car category due to its length. Since the car is less than 4m in length, it will also avail excise benefits in India. It will have all other standard features like ABS, airbags, brakes assist, ASP, etc. Overall, the car comes with attractive styling, compact dimensions, responsive handling and good quality.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
Technical Details Regarding Splash Including All Varients With Price Of Each ModelOctober 20, 2008 by Sandy
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzuki’s new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume