Suzuki plans to make its mark in Uruguay by launching Swift DZire
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Japanese car maker Suzuki has planned to launch its best-seller Swift DZire in Uruguay and hopes that it repeats the domestic success story there. In the Indian auto market, the company strategically grabbed a decent share with its new Swift DZire. Basically, the Swift DZire is the sedan version of the wildly popular Swift hatchback, with an elongated boot as the main differentiator. The main idea behind designing a sub-4 metre sedan is that the company enjoys great excise benefits, which help the car maker to price the car competitively in the market.
Several analysts have responded negatively to the lesser boot space offered in the new Swift DZire, but it hardly affected the sales graph. While the sales of older version of DZire used to stand around 6,000 units per month, its new avatar paced up the figure to 15,000 units. These figures indicate that the sales of DZire surged twofold. In Maruti’s entire line-up, models like Swift DZire and Swift are the centres of attraction for the company.
Uruguay will be provided with a Swift DZire having a 1.2 K series petrol engine, which will churn out 86 bhp of power, but not the diesel powertrain. This model will be mated to a 5 speed manual transmission only, while the idea of launching automatic transmission has been kept on hold.
In Uruguay, the company will launch two variants of the car, GA and GL. The GA model of Swift DZire will feature dual airbags; power assisted, leather-draped steering wheel; air conditioning system; and radio/MP3 system with four speakers. Along with these standard advancements, buyers can also opt for power windows, central locking system and security alarm. The GL version will be the top end variant of this series and will have Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Brake Assist (BA) and fog lamps in front. Apart from these additions in the safety package, the car will also have trip computer, power windows and audio system with CD/MP3/USB connectivity as standard features.
Suzuki Swift DZire GA will be offered with a price tag of Rs. 11.07 lacs, whereas its GL version will be priced at 12.18 lacs. These figures are almost twice the amount charged in India, whose price is mainly driven by the export duties charged by the government.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume