Suzuki launches new Hyate bike and Swish125 scooter at Auto Expo
Suzuki Motorcycles India Pvt. Ltd (SMIPL), the Indian subsidiary of the Japanese auto maker Suzuki, launched its new Hyate bike in the Indian auto market on Thursday. Powered by a 110CC engine, the bike is priced competitively at Rs 40,000, a number of auto enthusiasts were present on the occasion to take the first glimpse of the bike at the Auto Expo.
The Hyate, which carries a literal meaning of 'Fresh Breeze', will be commenced to deliver to the customers from the month of April. Speaking on the launching ceremony, SMIPL Vice-President, Sales and Marketing Atul Gupta, said, "During the three months time, we will work on the pricing. It will be competitively priced." He added that "We have already invested Rs 400 crore. The total investment which is going into the new products and capacity expansion is about Rs 100 crore."
The company also unveiled Swish125 scooter at a price tag of Rs 45,431 (Delhi ex-showroom price). The scooter is aimed the young buyers in the urban markets. The new Suzuki Swish125 scooter will be available at the company’s dealerships by the end of this financial year.
- Buzz: Honda contemplates Jazz RS variant for India
- DSK Hyosung hoping to enlarge its footprint in India
- New Hyundai i20 expected to be launched on 15th August, 2014
- Tough MUV Competitors - Honda Mobilio Vs Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Vs Toyota Innova
- Mahindra e2o expected to be launched with Power Steering Soon
- Jaguar XE, the most frugal offering from Jaguar till date
- 2014 Volkswagen Jetta coming this year
- Yamaha looking to increase market share by launching fuel efficient bikes