Suzuki launches new Hyate bike and Swish125 scooter at Auto Expo
Suzuki Motorcycles India Pvt. Ltd (SMIPL), the Indian subsidiary of the Japanese auto maker Suzuki, launched its new Hyate bike in the Indian auto market on Thursday. Powered by a 110CC engine, the bike is priced competitively at Rs 40,000, a number of auto enthusiasts were present on the occasion to take the first glimpse of the bike at the Auto Expo.
The Hyate, which carries a literal meaning of 'Fresh Breeze', will be commenced to deliver to the customers from the month of April. Speaking on the launching ceremony, SMIPL Vice-President, Sales and Marketing Atul Gupta, said, "During the three months time, we will work on the pricing. It will be competitively priced." He added that "We have already invested Rs 400 crore. The total investment which is going into the new products and capacity expansion is about Rs 100 crore."
The company also unveiled Swish125 scooter at a price tag of Rs 45,431 (Delhi ex-showroom price). The scooter is aimed the young buyers in the urban markets. The new Suzuki Swish125 scooter will be available at the company’s dealerships by the end of this financial year.
- Petrol price hiked by Rs. 3.18 per liter, whereas diesel goes up by Rs. 3.09
- Automobile industry likely to witness good growth owing to new 2015 Budget update
- Apple’s futuristic car likely to be highly debated topic at Geneva car show
- Performance oriented Tata Bolt to be unveiled in Geneva
- McLaren 675 LT unveiled
- Nissan Sway concept (next-gen Micra) Teased again
- Hero HX250R with ABS imported to India from USA for testing
- Would the new Maruti Swift Dzire grab market share for Honda Amaze?