Suzuki launches new Hyate bike and Swish125 scooter at Auto Expo
Suzuki Motorcycles India Pvt. Ltd (SMIPL), the Indian subsidiary of the Japanese auto maker Suzuki, launched its new Hyate bike in the Indian auto market on Thursday. Powered by a 110CC engine, the bike is priced competitively at Rs 40,000, a number of auto enthusiasts were present on the occasion to take the first glimpse of the bike at the Auto Expo.
The Hyate, which carries a literal meaning of 'Fresh Breeze', will be commenced to deliver to the customers from the month of April. Speaking on the launching ceremony, SMIPL Vice-President, Sales and Marketing Atul Gupta, said, "During the three months time, we will work on the pricing. It will be competitively priced." He added that "We have already invested Rs 400 crore. The total investment which is going into the new products and capacity expansion is about Rs 100 crore."
The company also unveiled Swish125 scooter at a price tag of Rs 45,431 (Delhi ex-showroom price). The scooter is aimed the young buyers in the urban markets. The new Suzuki Swish125 scooter will be available at the company’s dealerships by the end of this financial year.
- Skoda India doles out cash and service benefits on Rapid
- Nissan plans on bringing Infinity brand to India, local assembly possible
- New generation Toyota Fortuner in works, launch expected by 2015-2016
- Nissan Micra - Reasons for its popularity in Indian hatchback segment
- Ford Fiesta - Stylish sedan under 10 Lakhs segment
- Diesel hatchback comparison - Volkswagen Polo Vs Maruti Suzuki Swift
- Porsche Macan SUV - Everything you want to know
- Porsche Macan launched in India at Rs. 1 Crore