Suzuki launches 2013 Grand Vitara in Japan; gives it a new name 'Escudo'
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The Japanese car manufacturer, Suzuki Motor has introduced a revamped version of its Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) Grand Vitara as ‘Escudo’ on its domestic turf prior to the launch in India. In Japan, the company has offered its facelifted SUV with several industry-leading comfort features; however, it is not yet sure if the same features will be incorporated in those models, which will be sold in other parts of the world. The car is expected to hit at the Indian shores by the end of this year.
2013 Grand Vitara features an all-new front fascia, which is complemented with a redesigned grille and new bumper. The new horizontal grille is provided with a honeycomb design. 2013 edition of the new car is built over a 4 wheel drive chassis, which comes in 4L and 4H variants to provide the car enhanced off-roading capabilities. Suzuki has retained the existing 2.4 litre 4-cylinder petrol powertrain in its new model, which has the potential to churn out 162.7 bhp of maximum power and 225 Nm of peak torque. Unlike the revamped exteriors, interiors of the car incorporate new materials and door panels with re-designed seat upholstery in vibrant tones.
Additionally, the auto giant introduced a special edition variant, namely X-Adventure. This Bison Brown Pearl Metallic coloured SUV will feature a set of 18-inch alloy wheels, chrome grille and several extra features including sunroof. The interiors of the special edition SUV will receive a red swede finish on the steering wheel, seats and gear stick.
The third generation of the Suzuki Grand Vitara was launched back in 2005 and remained untouched until 2008 when it received a minor facelift along with two updated engines. The 2013 model is a significant upgrade over the previous model.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Sport caught testing in Mumbai