SKODA Will Again Sponsor Tour de France in 2012
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Sponsoring cycling events has always been a vital part of SKODA's brand promotion strategy. This time, the Czech automobile manufacturer is again sponsoring the 99th edition of the classic bike race, Tour de France 2012. It will be the ninth time that the brand is supporting this event.
According to Jürgen Stackmann, a member of SKODA's Board of Sales and Marketing, “ In the next three weeks, the Tour de France will excite cycling fans from all over the world.” He also said, “As the main sponsor, we share in this excitement for cycling. For ŠKODA – being the third-oldest vehicle brand of the world still in operation – began its success story with the manufacture of bicycles in the year 1895. And in 2012, an audience of billions will again see our brand and our models thanks to the Tour.”
A fleet of about 110 SKODA vehicles is to be present at the event in France, as per the brand's sponsoring strategy. The brand is also sponsoring the 'White Jersey' - an award for the most successful rider younger than 25 years, along five professional teams and two technical support teams at the event.
The brand's fleet of 110 vehicles for the Tour de France will be included of the whole range of its models from Citigo to Superb. The company is hoping that all its escort vehicles present at the Tour along the Tour director Christian Prudhomme's red flashy ŠKODA Superb will captivate the crowd. SKODA vehicles will also take part in the 'caravane publicitaire' - an advertising caravan which stays one to two hours ahead of the field and a special attraction among the viewers.
Tour de France attracts millions of people along its route and on TV, standing at the third position behind the Soccer World Cup and the Olympic Games, in the list of largest number of spectators. Tour has promised again for a top-class cycling event which will begin in the Belgian town of Liège on 30th June with with the traditional prologue. The riders will cover a distance of 3,479 kilometers during the race and will take a final halt at the finishing line on the 22nd July at Paris Boulevard of Champs-Elysees.
Jürgen Stackmann said, “ With it vigor and its wide audience appeal, this sport is a perfect match for the ŠKODA brand.” Cycling is a mass sport and also a prime pillar of the brand's sponsoring plans besides ice-hockey. SKODA also sponsors another cycling events around the globe, for example – Czech event ' Cycling for Life' and a Berlin cycling event 'Velothon'.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Skoda Fabia to be removed from Indian market this year
- Skoda and Mahindra to launch new UVs in Indian auto market
- Skoda Auto resorts to Facebook to help fans differentiate the New Octavia and Rapid
- Skoda India launches Rapid Prestige at Rs. 9 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- Skoda working on hatchback version of its Rapid sedan
- Skoda Auto India promotes ‘If You Drink, We Drive’ in Mumbai for responsible driving
- Skoda Rapid 100 per cent EMI offer up to April 18, 2013
- Skoda Auto reveals 2013 Superb facelift, launch expected this year
- Skoda Auto India quietly adopts new logo and visual identity
- Skoda Octavia RS to be unveiled at Goodwood Festival this July
- New deal declared on Skoda Rapid sedan
- Skoda Auto India to launch 3rd generation Octavia in October-November '13
- Buy 1 get 1 offer, free Skoda Fabia on purchase of Rapid
- Skoda Auto planning the launch of 8 new models in 2013
- Skoda Rapid: The aggressively promoted car