Skoda’s five-year plan from year 2012 to 2016
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Skoda Auto is all set to unveil a host of new car models and some upgraded versions in the coming years in both the Indian and the global market. Skoda Auto, a car manufacturing unit from the Czech Republic and a completely owned subsidiary of Volkswagen AG, is one of the biggest International brands to enter the Indian automobile market. Skoda Auto has strategically planned to bring out new models to expand its base in India. The Indian automobile market is most likely to become the third largest market in the world.
New year 2012 will witness the launch of Skoda Superb with a reduced price. There will also be a few deductions in the luxury features due to the reduction in price. The latest Skoda Yeti Crossover will get a makeover; however, it is unsure if the revamped version will immediately become a part of the Indian market. The Octavia which was the first Skoda Auto model introduced way back in 2004 will be re-launched. Furthermore, the Octavia will be seen with a new look and it is expected that it will be positioned right after Skoda Laura. A revamped version of the Skoda Superb is most likely to grace the Indian automobile market in 2013.
The year 2014 is assumed to be more interesting with Skoda substituting the Fabia with an all-together newer model. The MOB platform is expected to find a place in the new Fabia. Besides this, the future models of Skoda like the upgraded Polo will also probably have the MOB platform. Skoda will also most likely uncover a multi purpose vehicle edition of the Skoda CitiGO that at the moment comes as a hatchback with three doors.
In 2015, the two models Superb Saloon and Yeti Crossover are going to be altered again. Both these models will be based on the MOB platform that Skoda shares with Volkswagen. 2016 will witness CitiGO hatchback and Rapid sedan undergo major changes. Yet again, the MOB platform will be a crucial part in the development of the latest versions. The CitiGO already has a wheelbase edition of the MOB platform; however, the Rapid is built upon the PQ platform. Thus, it will be interesting to see how many of the above mentioned plans of Skoda materialise in real.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
Materials such as this are really necessary to me . I most certainly will place a link to your Post page on my web Post. I am certain my website visitors will definitely find this very beneficial. Thankyou !April 05, 2012 by Williemae
Materials such as this are really necessary to me . I most certainly will place a link to your Post page on my web Post. I am certain my website visitors will definitely find this very beneficial. Thankyou !April 05, 2012 by Gabriela
I have been a car lover since 15,Car trade has rekindled it.December 22, 2011 by Rahul Chopra
- Skoda Fabia to be removed from Indian market this year
- Skoda and Mahindra to launch new UVs in Indian auto market
- Skoda Auto resorts to Facebook to help fans differentiate the New Octavia and Rapid
- Skoda India launches Rapid Prestige at Rs. 9 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- Skoda working on hatchback version of its Rapid sedan
- Skoda Auto India promotes ‘If You Drink, We Drive’ in Mumbai for responsible driving
- Skoda Rapid 100 per cent EMI offer up to April 18, 2013
- Skoda Auto reveals 2013 Superb facelift, launch expected this year
- Skoda Auto India quietly adopts new logo and visual identity
- Skoda Octavia RS to be unveiled at Goodwood Festival this July
- New deal declared on Skoda Rapid sedan
- Skoda Auto India to launch 3rd generation Octavia in October-November '13
- Buy 1 get 1 offer, free Skoda Fabia on purchase of Rapid
- Skoda Auto planning the launch of 8 new models in 2013
- Skoda Rapid: The aggressively promoted car