Skoda releases official images of the European version of Rapid
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The Volkswagen Group owned subsidiary, Skoda Auto has officially disclosed the images of the new European version of the sub-compact sedan Rapid, which boasts the brand’s newly formulated design. Before hitting the European market, the sedan will make a debut at the 2012 Paris Motor Show in September.
The European edition of the Skoda Rapid has been positioned between the upbeat hatchback Fabia and the elegant Octavia. The Czech auto brand has embodied the car with an enticing styling, value for price, wide range of safety features, and highly efficient engine along with greater cargo volume that has placed the car in the liftback segment.
Mr Winfried Vahland, CEO, Skoda Auto, "This is a model which sets benchmarks in the compact saloon segment: The SKODA Rapid is a roomy, elegant and at the same time an affordable car for the whole family, impressing with clever solutions, cutting-edge technology and high economy. In short, it is a car permitting mobility in a comfortable, reasonably priced and environmentally friendly package. The right car at the right time."
The new Skoda Rapid dons the right proportions, intricately flowing curves with sharply carved lines and the brand’s new logo sportingly protrudes from the rounded front edge of the bonnet. The front grille represents a newly styled chrome frame comprising of vertical black finished rods and the newly designed headlamps assumes the shape of cloverleaf, which overall elevates the external design tweaks of the Skoda Rapid.
For the European market, the Rapid will be fabricated with seven engine options consisting of five petrol and two diesel engine options. Intended to be promoted as a family car, the Rapid can accommodate five occupants with enough cargo volume as well.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
well I just booked Skoda Rapid diesel white top end and then when I had a look at this pics it was something like just completely different and when I asked my Skoda dealer he claims that this is only European edition but the poster of this car was in the showroom.September 10, 2012 by Samarth
true, so buy Honda City ratherJune 21, 2012 by Navnikka
@ Amit: This model is not launched even in the european market. It has just been showcased. The current Rapid model in India is the latest.June 21, 2012 by Deepak Rajendran
Absolutely right! Almost all car makers offer inferior cars in India citing cost reasons. But prices will be almost same to European versions. Making fools of Indians!June 20, 2012 by Ravishankar
Why this discremination with indian customers?..this one look so better. Now it feels the Indian RAPID is a dumb looking guy !!!June 20, 2012 by Amit
Wow.. what a white ...June 20, 2012 by Sochin
will be available in Indian market !!!!!June 20, 2012 by Sanjay
- Skoda Fabia to be removed from Indian market this year
- Skoda and Mahindra to launch new UVs in Indian auto market
- Skoda Auto resorts to Facebook to help fans differentiate the New Octavia and Rapid
- Skoda India launches Rapid Prestige at Rs. 9 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- Skoda working on hatchback version of its Rapid sedan
- Skoda Auto India promotes ‘If You Drink, We Drive’ in Mumbai for responsible driving
- Skoda Rapid 100 per cent EMI offer up to April 18, 2013
- Skoda Auto reveals 2013 Superb facelift, launch expected this year
- Skoda Auto India quietly adopts new logo and visual identity
- Skoda Octavia RS to be unveiled at Goodwood Festival this July
- New deal declared on Skoda Rapid sedan
- Skoda Auto India to launch 3rd generation Octavia in October-November '13
- Buy 1 get 1 offer, free Skoda Fabia on purchase of Rapid
- Skoda Auto planning the launch of 8 new models in 2013
- Skoda Rapid: The aggressively promoted car