Skoda commences series production of Rapid model at Mladá Boleslav plant
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Skoda Rapid, one of the popular mid-size sedans in the India market, is now all set to be introduced in the European markets by the end of this year. The Czech Republic based company, which is a part of largest European car maker Volkswagen, will be showcasing this model at the upcoming Paris Motor Show by the end of next month. Following the car’s premier, it will be rolled-out in Europe by October this year.
The company on Monday gave the green signal to the commencement of the series production of new Rapid at Mladá Boleslav plant. Rapid is the third Skoda model which will be produced at this plant, following Fabia and Octavia.
Speaking on the matter, Prof. Dr. H.C. Winfried Vahland, Skoda’s chairman of the board, said, “The launch of the series production of the Skoda Rapid is a special moment for us.” He added that the entire Skoda team has worked with great commitment toward this day – starting today; the new Rapid will roll off the assembly line.
The company is planning to increase the production capacity of the plant from 800 units per day to 1200 units per day in the coming year if needed.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Skoda Fabia to be removed from Indian market this year
- Skoda and Mahindra to launch new UVs in Indian auto market
- Skoda Auto resorts to Facebook to help fans differentiate the New Octavia and Rapid
- Skoda India launches Rapid Prestige at Rs. 9 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- Skoda working on hatchback version of its Rapid sedan
- Skoda Auto India promotes ‘If You Drink, We Drive’ in Mumbai for responsible driving
- Skoda Rapid 100 per cent EMI offer up to April 18, 2013
- Skoda Auto reveals 2013 Superb facelift, launch expected this year
- Skoda Auto India quietly adopts new logo and visual identity
- Skoda Octavia RS to be unveiled at Goodwood Festival this July
- New deal declared on Skoda Rapid sedan
- Skoda Auto India to launch 3rd generation Octavia in October-November '13
- Buy 1 get 1 offer, free Skoda Fabia on purchase of Rapid
- Skoda Auto planning the launch of 8 new models in 2013
- Skoda Rapid: The aggressively promoted car