Skoda Auto reports 89 per cent surge in sales volume for June 2012
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Skoda Auto India, a completely owned subsidiary of Volkswagen, reported a growth of 89 per cent in June 2012, when evaluated against the figures recorded in corresponding period last year. The cumulative sales of the car maker stood at 4,923 units in June 2012 as compared to that of 2,610 vehicles sold in June 2011.
Thomas Kuehl, Brand Head, Member of the Board and Director, Sales and Marketing, Skoda Auto India, said, “The fluctuating market conditions have dampened sentiment across the industry, however, we have managed to edge the market by growing 89% against the same period last year. The Rapid has been the growth driver and is an important part of our success story. The value for money proposition that the Rapid offers in the segment has been crucial to the products acceptance. The launch of the Superb Ambition further added to consolidation in the D segment.”
As of today, the Indian automotive market is considered to be a crucial growth centre and, thus, Skoda forayed into the same over ten years ago. Under its '2018 Growth Strategy', the car maker is targeting at a minimum of 1.5 million global sales per year. Besides, Skoda is working on the expansion of its dealerships network and after-sales services to offer enhanced customer satisfaction. At present, the auto maker currently operates 106 dealerships throughout the country.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Skoda Fabia to be removed from Indian market this year
- Skoda and Mahindra to launch new UVs in Indian auto market
- Skoda Auto resorts to Facebook to help fans differentiate the New Octavia and Rapid
- Skoda India launches Rapid Prestige at Rs. 9 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- Skoda working on hatchback version of its Rapid sedan
- Skoda Auto India promotes ‘If You Drink, We Drive’ in Mumbai for responsible driving
- Skoda Rapid 100 per cent EMI offer up to April 18, 2013
- Skoda Auto reveals 2013 Superb facelift, launch expected this year
- Skoda Auto India quietly adopts new logo and visual identity
- Skoda Octavia RS to be unveiled at Goodwood Festival this July
- New deal declared on Skoda Rapid sedan
- Skoda Auto India to launch 3rd generation Octavia in October-November '13
- Buy 1 get 1 offer, free Skoda Fabia on purchase of Rapid
- Skoda Auto planning the launch of 8 new models in 2013
- Skoda Rapid: The aggressively promoted car