Skoda Auto planning the launch of 8 new models in 2013
Skoda Auto, the completely owned subsidiary of German auto maker Volkswagen Group, looks all prepared to take the Indian car market by storm with the launch of 8 new models in 2013. Recently, the Czech-based auto maker created a buzz all over the world by unveiling its all new 2013 Octavia, which is expected to sparkle at the Indian shores by the end of ongoing year. Industry experts believe that the launch of Yeti LWB premium Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) and reworked Superb premium sedan is also on the cards of auto maker.
The news stating launch of 8 new models came into limelight from the official Facebook page of the auto maker, which is somehow believed to be an authorised statement. Reportedly, the first model to arrive in the Indian market will be the 2013 Skoda Octavia, which has been already headed to the approaching Geneva Motor Show for its global debut. Next in the line model to be unveiled by the auto maker will be Skoda Octavia vRS sedan, which is anticipated to be a performance oriented model. Thereafter, Skoda Auto will be looking ahead to concentrate on the introduction ceremony of the reworked model of Superb sedan, which will be then followed by the launch of Superb Combi.
The refreshed avatar of Skoda Yeti is also expected to appear in the daylight, which in all probabilities will also hit the market in a long wheelbase guise. Last model believed to mark presence in the Indian auto market will be the all new Fabia hatchback, which has already gathered immense appreciation from the domestic buyers.
The launch of 8 new models in the market will surely assist Skoda Auto to carve a niche in the market, following with a significant increase in its overall market share. As of now, the auto maker has not performed fairly well in the market; however the launch of Rapid sedan turned the tides in its favour in the Indian auto industry.
- Dentsu to maintain 13 Maruti Suzuki accounts from mid-2015
- Tata Nexon compact SUV launch likely in 2016
- Toyota Vios sedan might launch early next year
- Avengers: Age of Ultron boasts of fancy Audi cars
- Scania to participate in Bus World 2015 in Mumbai
- Suzuki Hayabusa likely to be assembled locally, price to shelve by Rs. 5 lakh
- Toyota holds first place in global auto sales, sells 2.52 million units
- Nissan inaugurates 189th authorized dealership in India and second in Bengaluru