Skoda Auto India sales jump 89 percent in June 2012
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Skoda Auto India, a unit of the Europe bases largest car maker group Volkswagen AG, has registered massive a sales surge of 89 percent during the month of June 2012. The company managed to sell a total of 4,923 units of their vehicles in the Indian market this month as compared to 2,610 units sold in the same month last year.
Speaking on the company’s performance, Brand Head, Member of the Board & Director, Sales & Marketing, Skoda Auto India, Mr. Thomas Kuehl said,“The fluctuating market conditions have dampened sentiment across the industry. However, we have managed to edge the market by growing 89% against the same period last year.
According to the company, the sales of their latest mid size sedan Skoda Rapid remained a major contributor in the massive sales growth of June 2012. The value for money proposition that the Rapid offers in the segment has been crucial to the products acceptance. The launch of the Superb Ambition further added to consolidation in the D segment," Mr. Kuehl added.
Globally, Skoda Auto is working aggressively to enhance their footprints. The company is aiming to achieve a global sales market of 1.5 million per year, under its “2018 Growth Strategy”.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Skoda Fabia to be removed from Indian market this year
- Skoda and Mahindra to launch new UVs in Indian auto market
- Skoda Auto resorts to Facebook to help fans differentiate the New Octavia and Rapid
- Skoda India launches Rapid Prestige at Rs. 9 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi)
- Skoda working on hatchback version of its Rapid sedan
- Skoda Auto India promotes ‘If You Drink, We Drive’ in Mumbai for responsible driving
- Skoda Rapid 100 per cent EMI offer up to April 18, 2013
- Skoda Auto reveals 2013 Superb facelift, launch expected this year
- Skoda Auto India quietly adopts new logo and visual identity
- Skoda Octavia RS to be unveiled at Goodwood Festival this July
- New deal declared on Skoda Rapid sedan
- Skoda Auto India to launch 3rd generation Octavia in October-November '13
- Buy 1 get 1 offer, free Skoda Fabia on purchase of Rapid
- Skoda Auto planning the launch of 8 new models in 2013
- Skoda Rapid: The aggressively promoted car