Rolls-Royce launches new Phantom Series II with added elegance and performance in India
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Rolls-Royce, one of the most popular British luxury automakers has launched its classy and highly aristocratic model, Phantom Series II in the Indian auto market, currently termed as one of the high potential market for high end cars. The Phantom Series II drapes a package of unmatched amendments, majorly the incorporation of new eight-speed automatic gearbox, overhauling in the electronic systems in the cabin as also the placement of a new rear differential.
The earlier version being launched in the year 2003, the new Rolls-Royce Phantom Series II holds the same 453bhp 6.7L V12 engine at heart working in tandem with the new eight-speed automatic transmission in place of the existing six-speed transmission. To be shelved at a starting price of Rs 4.64 crore, the superiorly styled car embodies fully-LED headlamps along with a distinct whiter light provides the required illumination required for improved visibility.
Mr. Herfried Hasenoehrl, General Manager for Emerging Markets – Asia, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, was quoted as saying at the launch event, "The Indian market continues to prove its appetite for luxury products. There is sustained demand from the country's discerning client base, who appreciates the timeless design of Phantom Series II."
On the interiors, the elegantly premium saloon will be offered the most contemporary user interface with a redesigned multimedia controller backed by a new satellite navigation system. Other styling tweaks comprise of restyled bumpers and rectangular light apertures. The overhauling has been fabricated in all the Phantom Series models, coupe, saloon, extended wheelbase saloon and drophead.
At present, deliberations are on to increase its footprint in the country with planned dealerships to be soon inaugurated in Chandigarh and Mumbai apart from the currently branched showrooms located in Mumbai, Delhi and Hyderabad.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- New Rolls-Royce Ghost facelift caught testing on Europe streets
- Rolls-Royce India unfazed by the import duty hike in Union Budget
- Rolls Royce inaugurates a new showroom in Hyderabad
- Rolls Royce plans to launch tailor made cars in India
- Mercedes-Benz and Rolls Royce among nearly 100 new companies to offer placements at IIT-M
- Rolls-Royce unveils 2013 Ghost luxury saloon with features unforeseen till now
- Rolls-Royce launches new Phantom Series II with added elegance and performance in India
- Super luxury car maker, Rolls Royce, to unveil its Phantom Series II in India on September 21
- Arvind Singh Mewar of Udaipur comes up as the first Indian to win at Concours d'Elegance
- New Rolls-Royce Phantom Coupe Aviator Collection revealed!
- Super luxury cars continue to sell well in India as the elite class in the country remains unaffected by economic slowdown
- High-Profile customers of Rolls Royce discard the idea of a diesel model
- Rolls Royce recalls 74 units of Phantom luxury sedan - Clients unhappy
- Enjoy the Rolls Royce experience in the new DC Lounge Fortuner
- Beckham spotted riding his customised 93 Knucklehead and Rolls Royce Ghost