Rolls-Royce launches new Phantom Series II with added elegance and performance in India
Rolls-Royce, one of the most popular British luxury automakers has launched its classy and highly aristocratic model, Phantom Series II in the Indian auto market, currently termed as one of the high potential market for high end cars. The Phantom Series II drapes a package of unmatched amendments, majorly the incorporation of new eight-speed automatic gearbox, overhauling in the electronic systems in the cabin as also the placement of a new rear differential.
The earlier version being launched in the year 2003, the new Rolls-Royce Phantom Series II holds the same 453bhp 6.7L V12 engine at heart working in tandem with the new eight-speed automatic transmission in place of the existing six-speed transmission. To be shelved at a starting price of Rs 4.64 crore, the superiorly styled car embodies fully-LED headlamps along with a distinct whiter light provides the required illumination required for improved visibility.
Mr. Herfried Hasenoehrl, General Manager for Emerging Markets – Asia, Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, was quoted as saying at the launch event, "The Indian market continues to prove its appetite for luxury products. There is sustained demand from the country's discerning client base, who appreciates the timeless design of Phantom Series II."
On the interiors, the elegantly premium saloon will be offered the most contemporary user interface with a redesigned multimedia controller backed by a new satellite navigation system. Other styling tweaks comprise of restyled bumpers and rectangular light apertures. The overhauling has been fabricated in all the Phantom Series models, coupe, saloon, extended wheelbase saloon and drophead.
At present, deliberations are on to increase its footprint in the country with planned dealerships to be soon inaugurated in Chandigarh and Mumbai apart from the currently branched showrooms located in Mumbai, Delhi and Hyderabad.
- Official - Maruti Suzuki Ciaz coming on October 6
- Hyundai's Xcent expected to receive impressive sales numbers with Shahrukh Khan
- Mercedes Benz reports impressive sales from Kerala
- Car from Railway Minister's Cavalcade hits man in Gujarat
- Ford India eyes mass segment with Figo twins, launch lined-up next year
- Hyundai India's special Roadside Assistance program announced
- Mercedes Benz enters premium compact SUV segment with the GLA at Rs. 32.75 Lakhs
- Honda Mobilio acquires second spot in UV segment in August