Renault to nail its presence in India with launch of a new small car
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
During the drive event of the muscular compact SUV, Duster in Kerala, Renault India, the Indian subsidiary of the France based auto major announced the launch of a new car in the small car segment intended for the mass market of India. At present, the company is developing this new small India intended car planned to be priced competitively below Rs. 4.5 lakhs.
Mr. Marc Nassif, Managing Director, Renault India Pvt. Ltd, confirmed the launch of a compact entry-level sedan in the festive season in the country while mentioning that the automaker is working on rolling out new small car for the major small car enthusiasts in India.
Recently, during a press release, Mr. Len Curran, Vice-President (Sales and Marketing), Renault India commented that the automaker considers India as one among its top pivotal markets and since the country is one of the fastest growing auto market globally, fierce presence of the Renault brand in India is crucial for the company’s global growth.
Renault India has declared to launch five new models by the end of 2012 and is selectively appointing new touch points and service outlets to ensure high-end quality services for its Indian customers.
The automaker will be infusing by the year 2015 an amount equivalent to Rs. 4,500 crore at its Chennai’s production facility, which will be extensively utilized for exports. At present, Renault will be producing right hand drive installed Duster at this plant to be exported to the U.K market.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to get 1.6 litre and 2.2 litre engines in India
- Ford India's innovative strategy to use Child Parts reduces the cost of ownership
- Harley Davidson India introduces 24x7 Road Assistance Program
- Shrinking fuel price differential boosts demand for petrol vehicles in India
- Tata Indica Vista D90 officially launched in Nepal
- Volvo V40 to take on Mercedes-Benz A-Class soon in India
- Ford EcoSport may be a big threat to Renault Duster in India
- Volkswagen CrossPolo caught testing on Indian streets
- Bajaj Pulsar 375 could be in the pipeline, spy pictures surface on internet
- Aston Martin CC100 Speedster Concept revealed in Germany
- Nissan to launch five new Datsun models in India
- Mercedes-Benz R-Class to be removed from Indian auto market
- MoU signed between IDBI bank and ICML for selling MUVs in India
- BMW X6 at 2013 TCS World 10K run in Bangalore; Enticing offers on X1 and 3 Series
- Comparison of mid-size sedans: Honda City Vs Ford Fiesta