Renault Scala to arrive on Indian shores on 7th September
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Renault India, the Indian unit of the French automaker, is announced the launch of the much awaited compact sedan, Scala on 7th September for the Indian auto market. Renault Scala is a badge-engineered model based on the Nissan’s flagship sedan, Sunny.
On the first stance, the sedan will seem to appear as a replica of its cousin, Nissan Sunny and the closer look will reveal the contemporary exterior tweaks while retaining the premium appeal on the interiors. Renault Scala is designed intricately and its bold appearance is credited to stylish chrome hexagonal grille, new and bold headlamps with new reflector design, new tail lamps, flowing creases and the new 15 inch alloy wheels.
The interiors will boast a classy beige finish draping the dashboard, seats and the door lining and the higher variants are expected to be upholstered with leather.
Renault is determined to mark the launch of Scala sedan in both petrol and diesel powertrains. The petrol variant will be powered with 1.5L XH2 engine capable of churning out a top power of 99 PS and a top torque of 134 Nm. The diesel variant will be however, possess a 1.5L K9K turbo diesel engine outpouring a peak power of 86 PS and a peak torque of 200 Nm. While the engines will work in tandem with the five speed manual transmission, the company is planning to roll out the automatic variant gauging the response for Scala in India.
This fifth offering from Renault’s stable is anticipated to be priced a step higher as compared to Nissan Sunny by Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 50,000.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Renault-Nissan Chennai warehouse destroyed in an ugly fire incident
- Ford EcoSport to challenge Renault Dusterís domination in India
- Renault Duster outsells Mahindra Quanto and Scorpio
- Renault India reports ten-fold increase in sales during April 2013
- Nissan Micra next generation model to be made by Renault in Europe
- DC Design customises Renault Duster for Rs. 3.49 lakh in India
- Renault India launches new Scala Travelogue at Rs 9,78,500
- Renault Captur a great compact SUV for India
- Bajaj-Renault Nissan quadricycle project proceeding on track
- Renault-Nissan completes 14 year of alliance in March 2013
- Renault India post eight-fold growth in March 2013
- Renault India open the doors of new International Parts Centre
- 'Inter-Country Battle' for Renault Captur going on Facebook
- Special Duster Adventure Edition showcased by Dacia at '13 Geneva Motor Show
- Renault India reports 10- times increase in February 2103 sales