Renault Scala to arrive on Indian shores on 7th September
Renault India, the Indian unit of the French automaker, is announced the launch of the much awaited compact sedan, Scala on 7th September for the Indian auto market. Renault Scala is a badge-engineered model based on the Nissan’s flagship sedan, Sunny.
On the first stance, the sedan will seem to appear as a replica of its cousin, Nissan Sunny and the closer look will reveal the contemporary exterior tweaks while retaining the premium appeal on the interiors. Renault Scala is designed intricately and its bold appearance is credited to stylish chrome hexagonal grille, new and bold headlamps with new reflector design, new tail lamps, flowing creases and the new 15 inch alloy wheels.
The interiors will boast a classy beige finish draping the dashboard, seats and the door lining and the higher variants are expected to be upholstered with leather.
Renault is determined to mark the launch of Scala sedan in both petrol and diesel powertrains. The petrol variant will be powered with 1.5L XH2 engine capable of churning out a top power of 99 PS and a top torque of 134 Nm. The diesel variant will be however, possess a 1.5L K9K turbo diesel engine outpouring a peak power of 86 PS and a peak torque of 200 Nm. While the engines will work in tandem with the five speed manual transmission, the company is planning to roll out the automatic variant gauging the response for Scala in India.
This fifth offering from Renault’s stable is anticipated to be priced a step higher as compared to Nissan Sunny by Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 50,000.
- Upcoming facelift hatchbacks comparison - Volkswagen Polo Vs Fiat Punto
- Everything you wanted to know about Volkswagen Polo GT TSI
- Top-end Honda City finds more takers in India
- Datsun GO+ MPV slated to launch during festive season
- Honda bags 10,000 bookings for new City in Malaysia
- Volkswagen recalls 26,452 units of Passat, Jetta and Beetle
- Porsche inducts four-pot Macan at the ongoing Beijing Motor Show
- Russia-Spec Terrano SUV unveiled