Renault Scala to arrive on Indian shores on 7th September
Renault India, the Indian unit of the French automaker, is announced the launch of the much awaited compact sedan, Scala on 7th September for the Indian auto market. Renault Scala is a badge-engineered model based on the Nissan’s flagship sedan, Sunny.
On the first stance, the sedan will seem to appear as a replica of its cousin, Nissan Sunny and the closer look will reveal the contemporary exterior tweaks while retaining the premium appeal on the interiors. Renault Scala is designed intricately and its bold appearance is credited to stylish chrome hexagonal grille, new and bold headlamps with new reflector design, new tail lamps, flowing creases and the new 15 inch alloy wheels.
The interiors will boast a classy beige finish draping the dashboard, seats and the door lining and the higher variants are expected to be upholstered with leather.
Renault is determined to mark the launch of Scala sedan in both petrol and diesel powertrains. The petrol variant will be powered with 1.5L XH2 engine capable of churning out a top power of 99 PS and a top torque of 134 Nm. The diesel variant will be however, possess a 1.5L K9K turbo diesel engine outpouring a peak power of 86 PS and a peak torque of 200 Nm. While the engines will work in tandem with the five speed manual transmission, the company is planning to roll out the automatic variant gauging the response for Scala in India.
This fifth offering from Renault’s stable is anticipated to be priced a step higher as compared to Nissan Sunny by Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 50,000.
- Geneva Motor Show 2015 - Top 3 cars that stole the limelight at the event
- Fiat Panda 4x4 arrives in India for testing purpose
- Renault XBA 800cc small car launch likely by year end
- BMW denies engaging in talks with Apple for a new car development
- 2015 Renault Pulse launched for Rs. 5.03 Lakhs, feature loaded hatchback in India
- Royal Enfield Continental GT now available in new black colour trim
- Goodyear collaborates with Plan India to support their Early Childhood Care Development Centres
- Geneva motor shows 2015 - Unveiling of Koenigsegg Regera