Renault Scala based on Nissan Sunny to enter Indian shores this September
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Renault, the French automaker is strategising to mark its concrete stand in India with its new offering Scala in the bestselling compact sedan segment. The new Renault Scala is a product of the Renault-Nissan alliance and is a badge engineered model of the Nissan Sunny sedan.
The Scala is the fifth model of Renault in its Indian portfolio in the last fifteen months and this re-badged Sunny model will enable to keep the production costs minimal by earning economy in the cost involved in research and development of new models.
The amendments furnished on the exteriors comprise of new and contemporary headlamps with new reflector design, stylish chrome hexagonal grille along with new wheel designing and new tail lamps while the interiors boast the Renault logo as the only change. However, the sedan has been rendered with an apt makeover giving it the basic signature Renault feel and appearance though the changes are highly restricted.
Renault Scala boasts two engine options- a 1.5 litre four-cylinder petrol engine and 1.5 litre diesel engine. The petrol engine is capable of churning out a top power of 98 hp at 6,000 rpm and a top torque of 134 Nm at 4,000 rpm while the diesel engine is capable of generating a peak power of 85 hp at 3,750 rpm and a peak torque of 200 Nm at 2,000 rpm. Both the engines work in tandem with the five-speed manual transmission.
With increased boot space, the Renault Scala is expected to be rolled out in September this year and will be shelved at a price ranging between Rs. 7 lakh to Rs. 9 lakh.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Ford EcoSport may be a big threat to Renault Duster in India
- Renault-Nissan Chennai warehouse destroyed in an ugly fire incident
- Ford EcoSport to challenge Renault Dusterís domination in India
- Renault Duster outsells Mahindra Quanto and Scorpio
- Renault India reports ten-fold increase in sales during April 2013
- Nissan Micra next generation model to be made by Renault in Europe
- DC Design customises Renault Duster for Rs. 3.49 lakh in India
- Renault India launches new Scala Travelogue at Rs 9,78,500
- Renault Captur a great compact SUV for India
- Bajaj-Renault Nissan quadricycle project proceeding on track
- Renault-Nissan completes 14 year of alliance in March 2013
- Renault India post eight-fold growth in March 2013
- Renault India open the doors of new International Parts Centre
- 'Inter-Country Battle' for Renault Captur going on Facebook
- Special Duster Adventure Edition showcased by Dacia at '13 Geneva Motor Show