Renault Scala based on Nissan Sunny to enter Indian shores this September
Renault, the French automaker is strategising to mark its concrete stand in India with its new offering Scala in the bestselling compact sedan segment. The new Renault Scala is a product of the Renault-Nissan alliance and is a badge engineered model of the Nissan Sunny sedan.
The Scala is the fifth model of Renault in its Indian portfolio in the last fifteen months and this re-badged Sunny model will enable to keep the production costs minimal by earning economy in the cost involved in research and development of new models.
The amendments furnished on the exteriors comprise of new and contemporary headlamps with new reflector design, stylish chrome hexagonal grille along with new wheel designing and new tail lamps while the interiors boast the Renault logo as the only change. However, the sedan has been rendered with an apt makeover giving it the basic signature Renault feel and appearance though the changes are highly restricted.
Renault Scala boasts two engine options- a 1.5 litre four-cylinder petrol engine and 1.5 litre diesel engine. The petrol engine is capable of churning out a top power of 98 hp at 6,000 rpm and a top torque of 134 Nm at 4,000 rpm while the diesel engine is capable of generating a peak power of 85 hp at 3,750 rpm and a peak torque of 200 Nm at 2,000 rpm. Both the engines work in tandem with the five-speed manual transmission.
With increased boot space, the Renault Scala is expected to be rolled out in September this year and will be shelved at a price ranging between Rs. 7 lakh to Rs. 9 lakh.
- Maruti Suzuki's Swift Range Extender expected to deliver return a fuel efficiency figure of about 48.2 kmpl
- Audi announces launch of A8 L Chauffeur Special Edition in Japan
- 2015 Honda CB Trigger facelift snapped; might launch in festive season
- President Pranab Mukherjee considering upgrading to the new advanced Mercedes Benz S600 Guard
- Hyundai earns the coveted title of being the first carmaker to offer Android in production cars
- Hyundai iX25's top-model snapped testing; launch during festive season
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio diesel to return 27.62kmpl, launch in early June
- Kawasaki working on new 250-cc bike