Renault Scala arrives, starts from Rs. 6.99 lacs
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Renault, the French auto maker, has launched its much anticipated Scala sedan on the Indian turf with both petrol and diesel models, with the price range set to upset the likes of Toyota, Tata, and Mahindra among others. CarTrade's exclusive sources have recovered the ex-showroom prices of Scala sedan in New Delhi.
The refreshingly sleek saloon is available as a base and premium models in both fuel types and the revealed pricing will make sure 2012 Scala sedan becomes a crowd puller in the country. The petrol-run base model is called Scala RXE and fetches a price tag of Rs. 6,99,000 while for the premium petrol variant called Scala RXL, Indian buyers will have to shell out Rs. 7,85,643. Interestingly, the diesel fuelled Scala RXL and RXZ have been priced at Rs. 8,69,000 and Rs. 9,57,000, respectively. The announced prices will put the Scala in a direct face off with the likes of Toyota Etios and its twin sister Nissan Sunny.
Renault India has set high hopes with its brand new Scala saloon as the vehicle has generated tremendous media buzz since, first pictures of the car went viral on the internet. The latest offering is the French auto maker's flagship vehicle in the C-segment and has been given charming looks, which will surely be instrumental in driving the Indian car enthusiasts to Renault showrooms.
The availability of both petrol and diesel options will give the Scala a massive ego boost against its rivals considering the immense popularity of its compact SUV Duster which recorded some startling bookings within months of its launch in the country.
The variants of the 2012 Scala saloon hold a XH2 petrol engine and the coveted Renault K9K diesel engine under their hood and both of them deliver a genuine meaty performance on the road. The latest offering from French auto maker's stable is believed to be a re-badged version of Nissan Sunny and delivers a superb performance just like its twin. Renault and Nissan have a global alliance and the Scala sedan will be manufactured from the alliance's jointly owned manufacturing unit in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Renault-Nissan Chennai warehouse destroyed in an ugly fire incident
- Ford EcoSport to challenge Renault Dusterís domination in India
- Renault Duster outsells Mahindra Quanto and Scorpio
- Renault India reports ten-fold increase in sales during April 2013
- Nissan Micra next generation model to be made by Renault in Europe
- DC Design customises Renault Duster for Rs. 3.49 lakh in India
- Renault India launches new Scala Travelogue at Rs 9,78,500
- Renault Captur a great compact SUV for India
- Bajaj-Renault Nissan quadricycle project proceeding on track
- Renault-Nissan completes 14 year of alliance in March 2013
- Renault India post eight-fold growth in March 2013
- Renault India open the doors of new International Parts Centre
- 'Inter-Country Battle' for Renault Captur going on Facebook
- Special Duster Adventure Edition showcased by Dacia at '13 Geneva Motor Show
- Renault India reports 10- times increase in February 2103 sales