Renault released brochure of Duster; expected to announce price at launch ceremony
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The new compact Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV), Duster, from the stables of French car maker, Renault will make its official debut in India on 4th July 2012. The car maker has released its brochure, comprising features and specifications of car, ahead of its launch. New SUV will be offered in petrol and diesel versions, which will cater the demands of a large number of buyers. The brochure also has the pictures of Indian-altered version of Duster, which seems to have charismatic appearance. The launch date of new SUV has been confirmed by the company officials and the price of the car will be also announced at the launch ceremony. All the variants of Duster are speculated to be priced within a range of Rs. 6.50 lacs to Rs. 8 lacs.
Considering the declarations made by car maker and the information given in the brochure, Duster will deliver best-in-class mileage and power outputs. The petrol model will be driven by a 1.6 litre powertrain unit, whereas the diesel model will sport a 1.5 litre dCi unit. The 1.5 litre diesel motor will be offered with two different configurations in terms of power outputs, 83 hp and 108 hp. In the Indian auto market, Renault Duster will compete head-on with Mahindra Scorpio as well as Premier Rio and with yet-to-be launched Ford EcoSport and Tata Safari Storme.
The 4.3 metre long car has ample space in its cabin and can comfortably accommodate 5 adults. Renault will offer three variants of Duster, namely RXE, RXL and RXZ, comprising different features. Features like air conditioner, power windows, key-less entry, tilt steering, headlight alarm, foldable backseat, double-barrel headlights and two tone coloured bumpers will come as a part of standard accessory across all variants. Other standard features of Duster will include central locking, engine immobilizer, door open warning lamp and engine protective guard.
The new car has been already hyped a lot ahead of its launch and, thus, auto aficionados are eagerly waiting for the model. Industry experts, media and auto analysts are promoting duster as, 'It’s Big, It’s Beautiful, It’s Efficient. And it’s coming soon'. Renault is leaving no stones unturned to support the model before its launch in the Indian auto industry. The promotion strategy of Duster is also said to be a component of multi-media communication campaign. The French auto maker has positioned its new car as a substitute to a sedan, which is described in a pre-launch commercial that went on air recently. The commercial states 'Our apologies to everyone who just bought a sedan.'
Considering the overwhelming response during its pre-bookings, Indian market seems to be quite thrilled about the new launch. It is believed that Duster will bring a change in the SUV segment of the Indian industry and will surely set new standards in the same.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
capacity of seating,it's service and its averageJuly 04, 2012 by Manik Kumar
If renault improves its service backup it can prove a winner in handJuly 04, 2012 by Gaurav Gaba
It isnt just about the pricing, the utility value of a spacious vehicle for Indian families with good suspension and mileage cannot be tapped at a better time than now, no wonder Ertiga managed 45000 bookings.......Good luck to Renault on their refreshed innings!July 04, 2012 by Rajeev
- Renault-Nissan Chennai warehouse destroyed in an ugly fire incident
- Ford EcoSport to challenge Renault Dusterís domination in India
- Renault Duster outsells Mahindra Quanto and Scorpio
- Renault India reports ten-fold increase in sales during April 2013
- Nissan Micra next generation model to be made by Renault in Europe
- DC Design customises Renault Duster for Rs. 3.49 lakh in India
- Renault India launches new Scala Travelogue at Rs 9,78,500
- Renault Captur a great compact SUV for India
- Bajaj-Renault Nissan quadricycle project proceeding on track
- Renault-Nissan completes 14 year of alliance in March 2013
- Renault India post eight-fold growth in March 2013
- Renault India open the doors of new International Parts Centre
- 'Inter-Country Battle' for Renault Captur going on Facebook
- Special Duster Adventure Edition showcased by Dacia at '13 Geneva Motor Show
- Renault India reports 10- times increase in February 2103 sales