Renault-Nissan employs U.S based Kronos Inc. for automating workforce management
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
September 20, 2012, 11:50 IST by CarTrade Editorial Team
In its endeavour to bank upon on a reliable automated source for employee management, Renault-Nissan Automotive India, the Indian arm of the global French-Japanese alliance, has hired the services of Kronos Incorporated, a U.S based multi-national workforce management software and services company. Post the establishment of the auto manufacturer’s Chennai plant in 2010, the number of manpower have mushroomed to 7,500 workers emerging the need for upscale in efficacy and production quality.
Mr. Ramuni Nair, Head of Human Resources, Renault-Nissan Automotive India, commented, “We were keen on a completely automated workforce management solution to manage our rapidly growing workforce, and yet maintain our high levels of efficiency and productivity. We evaluated multiple solutions and chose Kronos, as its solution could accommodate all of our requirements. In addition, Kronos has an established presence in large manufacturing organizations in India, and offers best practices for global automotive companies.”
Quick and accurate closure of monthly payroll, managing workforce compliance and driving frontline employee engagement through self-service kiosks are the major flexible solutions pertinent for effective workforce management. While selecting the most effective employee management solution for its Chennai facility, Renault-Nissan handpicked time and attendance, absence management, and scheduling solutions from Kronos along with Kronos InTouch® time clocks for use by all employees.
The new workforce management system will shift all the workforce data collection to one system for enabling greater control further eliminating the need for accumulation of paper based data and other manual processes.
Kronos Inc. will also train the shop floor managers for having a real time overview of the availability of the workers in a bid to chart an effective schedule and encouraging instant decision making for higher production and productivity.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
Those comparison weseitbs harvest your personal information to sell as leads.But you could call a local independent agent, who can get you quotes with 10 different companies pretty easily.October 13, 2012 by Noelia
Sell Your Car Click here to get the best rate for your car Ask an Expert Post your question and get the answer from our experts
Related News and Articles
- Ford EcoSport may be a big threat to Renault Duster in India
- Renault-Nissan Chennai warehouse destroyed in an ugly fire incident
- Ford EcoSport to challenge Renault Dusterís domination in India
- Renault Duster outsells Mahindra Quanto and Scorpio
- Renault India reports ten-fold increase in sales during April 2013
- Nissan Micra next generation model to be made by Renault in Europe
- DC Design customises Renault Duster for Rs. 3.49 lakh in India
- Renault India launches new Scala Travelogue at Rs 9,78,500
- Renault Captur a great compact SUV for India
- Bajaj-Renault Nissan quadricycle project proceeding on track
- Renault-Nissan completes 14 year of alliance in March 2013
- Renault India post eight-fold growth in March 2013
- Renault India open the doors of new International Parts Centre
- 'Inter-Country Battle' for Renault Captur going on Facebook
- Special Duster Adventure Edition showcased by Dacia at '13 Geneva Motor Show