Renault Lodgy to enthuse new quality standards in the prevalent MPV segment
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
After the huge success of Renault Duster SUV, the next launch from the stables of the French auto maker in the country is likely to be the much anticipated Lodgy MPV. The compact multi-purpose vehicle, Lodgy was launched at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show; however, its launch in India has not been made so far and is likely to be introduced in the country in the beginning of 2014.
The all new Renault Lodgy is likely to come as a front-wheel drive, housing a 4 cylinder 1.5L diesel engine. Just like those available in the foreign markets, two petrol variants are also likely to be launched in the country. While one of them should come powered by a 1.6 litre aspirated engine, the other one is likely to house a 1.2 litre turbocharged Energy Tce 115 engine. Depending on the model, the engine of the Lodgy would come mated to a 5 speed or 6 speed manual gearbox.
The much awaited Renault Lodgy is a 5-door MPV that has been built on the Dacia M0 platform and depending on the model, can accommodate 5 or 7 people with ease. The MPV has sufficient leg room and plenty of boot space as well. The seats in the Lodgy can also be folded down to provide a large amount of space for luggage. The dashboard of the Lodgy has a functional design with ergonomically placed controls. The interiors of the Lodgy is likely to come in the country in beige or dual tone with good interior material quality.
The Lodgy measuring 4500 mm in length and 1750 mm in width, is slightly bigger than Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. The overall exterior of the Renault Lodgy is elegant with nicely designed front end, a plain and simple side profile and a quirky rear end, which together gives it an MPV like look.
The Lodgy has everything, be it large seating capacity, comfort, style, decent boot space and elegant looks, which makes it a complete MPV suited for large family. With these number of quality features, the Renault Lodgy is likely to come with a price tag between Rs. 8 lacs and Rs. 10 lacs. The Lodgy MPV, when launched in the country will take on the likes of Nissan Evalia, Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and Toyota Innova.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Ford EcoSport may be a big threat to Renault Duster in India
- Renault-Nissan Chennai warehouse destroyed in an ugly fire incident
- Ford EcoSport to challenge Renault Dusterís domination in India
- Renault Duster outsells Mahindra Quanto and Scorpio
- Renault India reports ten-fold increase in sales during April 2013
- Nissan Micra next generation model to be made by Renault in Europe
- DC Design customises Renault Duster for Rs. 3.49 lakh in India
- Renault India launches new Scala Travelogue at Rs 9,78,500
- Renault Captur a great compact SUV for India
- Bajaj-Renault Nissan quadricycle project proceeding on track
- Renault-Nissan completes 14 year of alliance in March 2013
- Renault India post eight-fold growth in March 2013
- Renault India open the doors of new International Parts Centre
- 'Inter-Country Battle' for Renault Captur going on Facebook
- Special Duster Adventure Edition showcased by Dacia at '13 Geneva Motor Show