Renault gears up for the launch of Duster along with other new models for Indian buyers
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Renault is defining its future plans for the Indian auto market with the launch of a series of new models, the feasibility study still being under process. The company had earlier revealed that for the price administered Indian auto market; it will soon be launching a small, entry level car priced around Rs.3 lakh.
The company had marked its entry in India with economy class models such as the Logan, which was a product of the Renault and Mahindra & Mahindra joint venture and after dissolution of this joint venture, the car is now known as Mahindra Verito.
With the magnificent showcase of the Renault Duster SUV at the Delhi International Auto Expo earlier this year, the automaker is gearing up to making India as the export hub for this new upcoming SUV in its Indian portfolio. The Duster was recently captured during test sessions in the country.
The powerfully sturdy SUV is loaded with 1.5L dCi diesel engine and 1.6L petrol engine that is capable of outpouring a peak power of 105 bhp and a top torque of 240 Nm and 148 Nm respectively.
Renault Duster, the off-roader, sports a distinct poise owing to the chrome wide grille, high ground clearance and other rugged exterior attributes. Even the interiors is furnished with enticing features such as the rich black coloured interiors and electric powered 3 spoke steering badged with Renault logo.
The SUV is anticipated to be priced between Rs. 7 lakh to Rs. 9 lakh in India and on its inception; it will be intensifying the rivalry with the upcoming Ford Ecosport.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
I am waiting for the 4WD version of Duster. Disheartened to know that four wheel drive version would be launched in next year. I have been waiting for Duster for long time. If they donot launch the 4Wd version soon, I have to think for a different available 4 WD SUV, even it is expensive.June 19, 2012 by Ratan
GOOD I THINK NOW THE GAME IS CHANGING FOR BIG PLAYER'S AS NOW PEOPLE CAN AFFORD TO HAVE SUV UNDER 8LAC'S GOOD FOR INDIA.June 18, 2012 by NAVEEN
I am waiting for duster launchJune 18, 2012 by Rao
which dealer did u bk?the dusterJune 17, 2012 by Venkat
hey i want to buy car but i m waiting for Duster....n also v dont have showroom in our city Surat....June 17, 2012 by Nitesh Modi
i want book this SUV, waiting last 1 yearsJune 16, 2012 by Negi
well done duster will shine in indiaJune 16, 2012 by Sarvesh
I have also booked the duster and the dealer told me that if I don't like the vehicle they will refund the booking amount of Rs 25K as it is. So awaiting for the vehicle.June 16, 2012 by Sudarshan
i made the booking today...xuv500 ur time up...June 15, 2012 by Vishal
paid an advance and eagerly waiting to own renault's master peiceJune 15, 2012 by Jeffrey Kendall
Yup, I am one one them to have given a 50k chq. The instrument itself will be given back if Idon't like the vehicle.June 15, 2012 by Ranjan
Some dealers have started booking Duster...as per them, if you don't like this SUV, after test drive the booking amount would be returned to you, check once with local Renault dealer.As per Renault customer care Duster would be launched in July 1st week, most probably on 4th Jul.June 15, 2012 by Gagan
when and where? Is bookinf open?June 15, 2012 by Naginlal
There is a lot of excitement around the launch of Duster. The big question is when?June 15, 2012 by Rakesh
- Renault-Nissan Chennai warehouse destroyed in an ugly fire incident
- Ford EcoSport to challenge Renault Dusterís domination in India
- Renault Duster outsells Mahindra Quanto and Scorpio
- Renault India reports ten-fold increase in sales during April 2013
- Nissan Micra next generation model to be made by Renault in Europe
- DC Design customises Renault Duster for Rs. 3.49 lakh in India
- Renault India launches new Scala Travelogue at Rs 9,78,500
- Renault Captur a great compact SUV for India
- Bajaj-Renault Nissan quadricycle project proceeding on track
- Renault-Nissan completes 14 year of alliance in March 2013
- Renault India post eight-fold growth in March 2013
- Renault India open the doors of new International Parts Centre
- 'Inter-Country Battle' for Renault Captur going on Facebook
- Special Duster Adventure Edition showcased by Dacia at '13 Geneva Motor Show
- Renault India reports 10- times increase in February 2103 sales