Renault Duster to be unveiled on July 4, 2012
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The first week of July may witness the launch of the much sought after Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV), Duster from the stables of Renault in the Indian auto market. The launch of this model will pave the path for other models to be launched in India coinciding with the festive season in the country. This period in India marks a boom in industry as potential buyers crowds the showrooms. Car manufacturers are gearing up to recover their losses in the next few months.
The French car manufacturer will launch the new car in several variants. The base variant will come with a 1.6 litre petrol powertrain unit, while the diesel model will retain the 1.5 litre diesel unit, serving on Renault Fluence. The car maker will offer two different configurations in its diesel version, which will generate a maximum power of 84 bhp and 108.5 bhp respectively. The car which was unveiled at the Auto Expo in January 2012 will be officially launched on July 4, 2012. Vijayawada is the proposed city for the launch since the place is perceived by the company as a major market for four of its currently available variants and an upcoming Sedan to be launched during Diwali. According to Renault India Managing Director Marc Naseef, the auto marque proposes to increase its car sales 20 times its 2011 calendar year sale of just 1,500 cars in India. The car will come with a starting price tag of Rs. 7.2 lacs and can go all the way up to Rs. 12 lacs, depending on the variants. It will be available at all the Renault dealerships in the country.
At first look, Duster grabs eyeballs owing to its monstrous size with length measuring 4.3 metres. The exteriors of the car features flared wheel arches and scuff plates. The metal roof rail lends a smart look to the SUV. The SUV comes loaded with contemporary features which are not yet available in this price range. The Duster is anticipated to feature 16-inch alloy wheels while the top end variants will possess leather trim with airbags and ABS/EBD. A rear aircon is the special addition in the India bound models.
Renault is ramping up its production capacities as it anticipates a higher number of bookings. The company has called for a stable policy of the Government agencies on the fuel types and prices, so that, manufacturing can be done accordingly. Renault India plans to expand its market share by adding 100 outlets in the country by December 2012; the numbers have already increased from 14 outlets last year to 55 in June 2012. The auto manufacturer is also looking forward to export some of the India-made models of Duster.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
car hasen't lauch still they hav been said but not yetJuly 04, 2012 by Hami
i wont to test driveJuly 04, 2012 by Atul
Guys..Too low engine power for diesel variant. Just 1.5L/220NM torque?..Even the basic entrants in SUV like scorpio & safari are with 320 NM torque with 140 BHP power..Lets see how it bahves on road !!!!!July 04, 2012 by Amit
A new niche being created for India, a small SUV, and cheaper than the over priced Yeti. Overall a good vehicle. The rear AC vent should not prevent 3 people being comfortable in the rear.July 03, 2012 by Mathew S P
very nice SUV we plane to take one as soon availableJuly 03, 2012 by Rpsinghchauhan
Hit or Flop decided on onroad pricing.July 03, 2012 by Shiva Kumar K R
Yes . I will like to have Test driveJuly 03, 2012 by VS Yadav
WOULD LIKE A TEST DRIVE.July 03, 2012 by SHYAM
- Renault-Nissan Chennai warehouse destroyed in an ugly fire incident
- Ford EcoSport to challenge Renault Dusterís domination in India
- Renault Duster outsells Mahindra Quanto and Scorpio
- Renault India reports ten-fold increase in sales during April 2013
- Nissan Micra next generation model to be made by Renault in Europe
- DC Design customises Renault Duster for Rs. 3.49 lakh in India
- Renault India launches new Scala Travelogue at Rs 9,78,500
- Renault Captur a great compact SUV for India
- Bajaj-Renault Nissan quadricycle project proceeding on track
- Renault-Nissan completes 14 year of alliance in March 2013
- Renault India post eight-fold growth in March 2013
- Renault India open the doors of new International Parts Centre
- 'Inter-Country Battle' for Renault Captur going on Facebook
- Special Duster Adventure Edition showcased by Dacia at '13 Geneva Motor Show
- Renault India reports 10- times increase in February 2103 sales