Production will start at Manesar only after restoring safety: Suzuki Motors
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Suzuki Motor Corporation, the parent company of the country’s largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) has said that the company will be resuming the operations at the Manesar plant only after restoring the safety of the employees.
Speaking to Reporters in Tokyo, Mr. Toshihiro Suzuki, Suzuki Motor Corp (SMC) Executive Vice President said that the Manesar plant is in condition to resume production as there was no major damage to the plant machineries during the Deadly violence on July 18. He added that the production in plant is still on hold as safe working conditions are yet to be established.
In the violence of 18th July more than 100 people were injured while one HR executive of the company had lost his life. The company has put the production at Manesar plant on hold since then.
It is expected that the company will soon start the production at the Manesar plant as the waiting period for the popular cars like Swift and Dzire is continuously shooting upwards.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume