Premium compact SUV VW Tiguan could be seen in India by 2014
German manufacturer Volkswagen (VW) had unveiled the concept of its compact Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV), the Tiguan, at the Sao Paulo Motor Show. This vehicle has recently been seen undergoing testing in India. One could expect the SUV to be available in India and other Asian countries, but the exact time of launch is not known. However, industry experts believe that this launch could take place in 2014.
For Indians, the Tiguan would make a lot of sense, as the premium compact SUV market is growing. In this segment, the Tiguan is likely to compete against the likes of Skoda Yeti and the Honda CR-V. While viewing the test mule, a 2.0 TDI badging was seen on the vehicle. Industry experts believe that such an engine would be suitable for driving on Indian roads.
Design on the Tiguan is characteristically that of normal Volkswagen vehicles. It will feature proportional styling all around with short overhangs. The look of the vehicle will be quite similar to the Volkswagen Touareg and it is also expected to feature rugged side panels. In terms of off-road credentials, the Tiguan is anticipated to be good as it will have high ground clearance. Incorporation of 17-inch alloy wheels is also on the cards of auto maker. One can expect to swallow all types of terrain with ease, just like the Skoda Yeti. LED spotlights are also expected on roof rails with LED headlamps complementing the front fascia.
From the inside, Tiguan is expected to get a fairly large boot space, which can be further expanded by folding the rear seats. The tail lights of this model are designed quite beautifully with splits between the top two-thirds and the bottom one-third. Interiors of 2014 Tiguan give the complete feeling of space and comfort expected in an SUV at this price.
However, it seems that the German company has been finding it difficult to meet price considerations in several countries. For now, vehicles such as the Up! and other similar ones are not being manufactured. There is no news about when these models would be brought back into the production. However, going by the interest in the premium compact SUV segment, customers may not have to wait for too long before seeing the Tiguan.
- Maruti Suzuki India sells 1,10,776 cars in August 2014
- Petrol gets cheaper by Rs. 1.82, diesel prices go up by 50 paise
- Will a face-lift help Skoda revive failed Yeti SUV in India?
- Maruti Ciaz official bookings to begin from September 3, launch imminent
- New Suzuki Hayate with Cosmetic Changes set to be launched during Festive Season
- KTM RC 200 and RC 390 Prices Leaked - Tagged at Rs. 1.72 lakh and Rs. 2.4 lakh respectively
- Isuzu to Launch RU30 in 2016, Set to Compete Innova
- Harley-Davidson to introduce Freewheeler trike, below the fully-loaded Tri Glide