Premier adds an all-new 1.3 L Multijet variant to its Rio line-up
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Premier Automobiles, which has dropped 'automobiles' from its moniker and rechristened as Premier has introduced an all-new variant of its compact Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV), Rio. The latest Premiere Rio comes powered by a powerful 1.3 litre Multijet diesel engine, which already serves on several Fiat models. There are already two variants of Rio on sale in India, petrol and diesel. The new diesel variant will further add to the Rio line-up in the country.
The 2012 Premiere Rio 1.3 L Multijet variant comes with a economical price tag ranging from Rs. 6,19,000-6,47,000 (ex-showroom, Pune), which is quite alluring for the price sensitive auto market like India. In order to attract a large number of buyers, the company has offered its new model in a number of vibrant colours, including red, silver, black and white.
Complying with Bharat IV emission norms, the diesel unit serving on the 2012 Premiere Rio is capable of generating a maximum power of 72 bhp. Although the car has an impressive output, it does not lag on the grounds of fuel economy and runs around 19 kmpl. The same engine also serves on many other models and depending upon the power generating capacity, the figure ranges from 73.97 to 88.76 bhp. Current diesel model of the Rio is endowed with a 1,498 cc powertrain that can produce 64.11 bhp of maximum power.
The new Rio 1.3 L Multijet comes with little detailing on the exteriors, including neatly sculpted headlight and the centre positioned logo of Premiere in the front grille with little chrome. The wheel arches render a prominent look to the new car with 15-inch alloy wheels that emerges as an attention seeker. Moreover, its higher ground clearance and stylish redesigned tail lights delivers an appealing look to the car. Considering its inner cabin, the new model comes with same level of comfort and features that are packed in the earlier model.
The major players of SUV segment, including Renault Duster, Mahindra Bolero, Tata Safari, recently launched Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, will surely witness a shrink in their market share as the 2012 Premier Rio has walked in the Indian showrooms. The improved specifications and fuel efficiency of the new model will help the auto maker to counter the competition posed by the aforementioned rivals.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Ford EcoSport to battle it out with the Premier Rio
- Premier Rio face lift spotted in China, may come to India soon
- Premier Rio sidelined by the likes of Renault Duster and Mahindra Quanto; what led to its downfall
- New Skoda Rapid compact sedan readies for global premiere at 2012 Paris Motor Show
- Title Sponsorship rights of Sri Lanka Premier League bagged by Indian giant Mahindra
- Premier adds an all-new 1.3 L Multijet variant to its Rio line-up
- Premier RiO gets peppy with the CRDi4 engine
- Premier to pull off the curtains from its 1.3 Multijet Rio
- Premier sources Multijet diesel engine from Fiat for its upcoming Rio diesel
- Chevrolet enters into an alliance with Barclays Premier League to become the official automotive partner of Manchester United
- Premier becomes fourth car maker to source Fiat's 1.3 L Multi-jet diesel engine
- Chrysler to premier Jeep Wrangler and sedan 300C at upcoming Beijing Auto Show
- Premier may source diesel engines for RiO from Fiat
- New Premier Rio 1.3-litre diesel coming soon!
- Premier Ltd plans to rapidly expand sales and service network for Rio SUV