Post 2012 BMW 3 series, BMW plans to end the year on a grand note with a handful of new launches
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The German car maker BMW started the year 2012 at a slow pace with only the performance oriented sedan M5 being exhibited at the 2012 Delhi Auto Expo, earlier this year. However, the company will be bringing some major launches to the country before the end of this calendar year. Since first half of the year has already went by, it seems that the remaining part will be quite eventful and fascinating for the car makers as well as auto aficionados of the country. The launches from the stable of BMW will include the 2012 F30 3 series sedan and the facelifted avatars of 7-series luxury saloon as well as the bestselling crossover X1.
2013 edition of 7-Series will boasts of revamped headlamps with optional LED lights, contributing to the minor updates. Other modernisations will include a new front spoiler, which will complement its horizontal grille polished in black. Speaking on the technical specifications of the upcoming facelifted model, the car will be assimilated with an all-new tri-turbo 3 litre diesel engine, which is built to deliver 381 bhp of maximum power and the peak torque of 740 Nm.
On the other hand, the 730d variant will feature the 3 litre single turbo diesel powertrain under its hood. This unit can produce 258 bhp of highest power along with 560 Nm of torque. All the variants of yet-to-be launched 7-Series model will come mated to an 8-speed automatic gearbox, adding to the efficiency of engine. Standard features like start-stop and break energy regeneration have been retained in the new 7-series sedan.
Next in the series of new launches is the facelifted version of BMW X1 crossover. The new avatar of the X1 will incorporate mild cosmetic changes with engine specifications left untouched. The fresh edition of BMW X1 was recently spotted at the ARAI certifying agency, Pune, which indicates that its launch may be around the corner. Major highlights of the new model will include redesigned front and rear bumpers, revamped headlamps, new outer rear view mirrors and the reworked tail lamps.
Latest entrant to mark its attendance in the BMW’s portfolio is the F30 3-series luxury sedan, which is slated to be launched on July 27, 2012. The German car marque will offer the new sedan in both diesel and petrol options.
In order to create a buzz in the market, BMW India is pining hopes on these models, which will also help the car maker pull the volumes and ward off the competition posed by its compatriot Audi.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- BMW India rolls out first MINI Countryman from its Chennai unit
- BMW M5 officially showcased; likely to mark presence in 2013
- BMW X6 at 2013 TCS World 10K run in Bangalore; Enticing offers on X1 and 3 Series
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class set to take on BMW's Mini Cooper in India
- Volvo V40 to take on BMW X1, Promises to be 'Value for Money' rather than 'Money for Value'
- BMW India brings a mobile showroom to Kerala, has big expansion plans
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class boasts of looks to take on BMW 5 series
- Dr. Schlipf is the new MD & CEO of BMW Financial Services India
- Audi replaces BMW as India’s top luxury car seller
- BMW 1 Series set for Indian launch, along with Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- New BMW 7 Series launched in India at Rs. 92.9 lakh
- BMW India to launch its 7 Series facelift today
- Audi attempting to chase BMW in global market, launching RS range of vehicles
- BMW’s subsidiary Mini starts local assembly in India
- BMW 7 Series facelift to be launched in India on April 25