Peugeot Citroen puts India investment plans on hold
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
PSA Peugeot Citroen, the France based leading car maker which was earlier planning to set-up its first manufacturing facility in the Indian market, has surrendered their right to a 600-acre tract of land at Sanand in Gujarat. The company had earlier planned to establish a manufacturing facility here with an investment of Rs 4,000-crore.
In September last year, the company had signed State Support Agreement (SSA) with the Gujarat government, to establish a manufacturing plant with a capacity of 1.4 lakh units by year 2016. Peugeot Citroen is the second largest car maker in Europe following Volkswagen AG.
As per the recent media reports, the company has planned-up to focus on the operations of their flagship venture in Europe, which is currently witnessing one of the worst ever financial crisis. Thus, the India debut plans of the company are now kept in 'indefinite abeyance'.
While informing about the company’s decision, Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation’s (GIDC) managing director, M Sahu, said, "All their plans for India are on hold as of now."
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to get 1.6 litre and 2.2 litre engines in India
- Ford India's innovative strategy to use Child Parts reduces the cost of ownership
- Harley Davidson India introduces 24x7 Road Assistance Program
- Shrinking fuel price differential boosts demand for petrol vehicles in India
- Tata Indica Vista D90 officially launched in Nepal
- Volvo V40 to take on Mercedes-Benz A-Class soon in India
- Ford EcoSport may be a big threat to Renault Duster in India
- Volkswagen CrossPolo caught testing on Indian streets
- Bajaj Pulsar 375 could be in the pipeline, spy pictures surface on internet
- Aston Martin CC100 Speedster Concept revealed in Germany
- Nissan to launch five new Datsun models in India
- Mercedes-Benz R-Class to be removed from Indian auto market
- MoU signed between IDBI bank and ICML for selling MUVs in India
- BMW X6 at 2013 TCS World 10K run in Bangalore; Enticing offers on X1 and 3 Series
- Comparison of mid-size sedans: Honda City Vs Ford Fiesta