Nissan to launch a trimmed down version of Micra hatchback in April 2013
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
In a country where compact hatchbacks have captured the centre stage, automakers are endeavouring to ramp up their Indian portfolio with greater presence in the small car segment. Even Nissan Motor India is seeking to bank upon this strategy to strengthen its poise in the versatile Indian auto market.
The Japan based car maker will be launching a trimmed down version of its petrol powered premium hatchback, Nissan Micra by April 2013. The base variant of the Micra is currently tagged at Rs 4.21 lakh and the new trimmed down version is expected to be priced lower by Rs. 50,000. The base variant, Micra XE is offered with features such as tilt steering, a driver airbag, an engine immobiliser and body-coloured bumpers.
However, this cut price version will restrain from embodying attributes like driver airbag, digital clock and steering tilt-adjust. Moreover, the adjustable head rests for the front seats will now be replaced with an economical and fixed-type design like the one equipped in Toyota Etios.
The new stripped down version of the petrol driven Micra hatchback will hit the market to render stiff rivalry to its immediate contender, Hyundai i10, which has been one of the bestselling small cars in India. Nissan Micra launch was intended for the mass market but for the Indian buyers, the company is introducing this trimmed down version at a highly competitive price boosting exponentially the sales of Micra, which will raise the 1500 unit average sales of the car in the Indian auto market.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Renault-Nissan ramps up capacity of their Indian unit
- Nissan to launch five new Datsun models in India
- Production at Nissan's Chennai plant unaffected by warehouse fire incident
- Nissan organises IPL Meet & Greet event for Pune Warriors India
- Nissan Micra facelift coming to India by July 2013
- Renault-Nissan Chennai warehouse destroyed in an ugly fire incident
- Nissan Micra next generation model to be made by Renault in Europe
- Nissan Motor India partners with IPL team Delhi Daredevils
- Nissanís low cost Datsun brand to enter India this July
- Toyota, Nissan and Honda struggling to sell vehicles in China
- Nissan India plans to launch facelifted Micra and Duster-based SUV in 2013
- Nissan Sunny automatic launched at Rs. 8.90 lakh
- Nissan Motor India appoints Kenichiro Yomura as the new President
- Nissan Motor India slashes EMIs by up to 40 per cent
- Nissan Sunny AT price leaked, to be launched at Rs. 8.92 lakh