Nissan Motors scores dual fold hike in sales in July too
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Nissan Motors India Pvt. Ltd., the Indian arm of the Japan based auto giant, has recorded sales leaping ahead by multiplying its sales volume by more than 100 percent in the month of July this year. The sales quantum in July stood at 3,481 units, sharply elevating from the sale of 1,593 units reported in July 2011.
As per the monthly sales report revealed by the car maker, the elegantly sportive mid-size sedan, Nissan Sunny emerged as the top seller in the company’s Indian portfolio with sales standing at 2,436 units. The flagship upbeat hatchback, Nissan Micra totalled a sale of 1,028 units, while the remaining chunk in the sales volume was contributed by the sale of its muscular SUV Nissan X-Trail, luxury sedan Nissan Teana and its ace sports car, Nissan 370Z.
Mr. Ishida Takayuki, Managing Director, Nissan Motors India Pvt. Ltd., was quoted as saying, "With this current sales growth trend, we are sure, will further expand with the launch of Evalia later this year helping us establish as a dominant player at the Indian market place."
The automaker scored similar high sales figures in June this year, the month that was considered as one of the most crucial times for the Indian automobile industry. Nissan Motors is expecting the sales to surge exponentially with the debut of the much anticipated MPV, Evalia, scheduled to be launched in the later phase of the current calendar year.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Renault-Nissan ramps up capacity of their Indian unit
- Nissan to launch five new Datsun models in India
- Production at Nissan's Chennai plant unaffected by warehouse fire incident
- Nissan organises IPL Meet & Greet event for Pune Warriors India
- Nissan Micra facelift coming to India by July 2013
- Renault-Nissan Chennai warehouse destroyed in an ugly fire incident
- Nissan Micra next generation model to be made by Renault in Europe
- Nissan Motor India partners with IPL team Delhi Daredevils
- Nissanís low cost Datsun brand to enter India this July
- Toyota, Nissan and Honda struggling to sell vehicles in China
- Nissan India plans to launch facelifted Micra and Duster-based SUV in 2013
- Nissan Sunny automatic launched at Rs. 8.90 lakh
- Nissan Motor India appoints Kenichiro Yomura as the new President
- Nissan Motor India slashes EMIs by up to 40 per cent
- Nissan Sunny AT price leaked, to be launched at Rs. 8.92 lakh