Nissan Evalia to take on Maruti Suzuki Ertiga upon its launch
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Nissan Motor Company, the Japanese multinational auto maker, is plucking out all the stops, in its preparation for the grand launch of its Evalia ‘Urban Class Utility Vehicle' on September 26, 2012. The 2012 Nissan Evalia falls in the Multi Purpose Vehicle (MPV) category and is expected to engage in a direct face off against the likes of Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and Toyota Innova, upon its arrival.
Top industry critics have been juicing up the speculations buzzing around the media regarding the comparisons between Evalia and Ertiga MPVs. At a first glance, the Evalia appears a bit boxy on the rear side and flaunts Nissan's pioneer concept of sliding doors in the MPV segment, while the Ertiga scores slightly better points in terms of overall looks. The Maruti Suzuki product ticks all the points of a premium MPV while the upcoming Evalia scores well in its comfy dimensions. Evidently, from the exterior appearances of both the vehicles, Ertiga emerges out as a winner.
The most distinguishing feature among the upcoming Nissan MPV and Ertiga, is that the Maruti Suzuki product is available in both diesel and petrol options while the Evalia will be available only in diesel guise. The yet-to-be launched Evalia is anticipated to hold a Nissan K9K 1.5 litre turbo diesel engine that churns out a peak power and torque output of 85 bhp and 200 Nm, respectively. On the other hand, Ertiga is incorporated with a K-14B, 1.4 litre petrol power-mill, capable of producing a maximum 94 bhp power and a peak torque of 130 Nm, while the diesel variant of Ertiga features a 1.3 litre engine that delivers a maximum power-torque output of 88 bhp and 200 Nm.
Coming to the interiors, Ertiga sports the standard Maruti Suzuki feel and are decent as well as comfortable. From the initial pictures, the interior cabin space of Evalia looks superb and seems to have been designed while keeping in mind the usefulness quotient. The interiors of both cars will cater to different clientele and seem compliant with the Indian buyers' requirements.
The real deciding factor will be the pricing of both cars. Ertiga range is available from around Rs. 6 lacs (petrol model) to Rs. 8.9 lacs (diesel model) in the domestic car market, and has very swiftly snatched the top position from the ex-market leader Toyota Innova in the MPV segment. The 2012 Nissan Evalia appears a little pricey but only after its launch, will its price be made public. However, speculations are doing rounds that the latest product from the Japanese auto maker will fetch a price around Rs. 10 lacs.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Renault-Nissan ramps up capacity of their Indian unit
- Nissan to launch five new Datsun models in India
- Production at Nissan's Chennai plant unaffected by warehouse fire incident
- Nissan organises IPL Meet & Greet event for Pune Warriors India
- Nissan Micra facelift coming to India by July 2013
- Renault-Nissan Chennai warehouse destroyed in an ugly fire incident
- Nissan Micra next generation model to be made by Renault in Europe
- Nissan Motor India partners with IPL team Delhi Daredevils
- Nissanís low cost Datsun brand to enter India this July
- Toyota, Nissan and Honda struggling to sell vehicles in China
- Nissan India plans to launch facelifted Micra and Duster-based SUV in 2013
- Nissan Sunny automatic launched at Rs. 8.90 lakh
- Nissan Motor India appoints Kenichiro Yomura as the new President
- Nissan Motor India slashes EMIs by up to 40 per cent
- Nissan Sunny AT price leaked, to be launched at Rs. 8.92 lakh