New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, a game changer?
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Mitsubishi has launched its highly awaited Pajero Sport in the Indian market with a price tag of Rs. 23.53 lacs (ex-showroom Delhi). Pajero Sport is the only hope for the company to acquire its lost position in India. The car maker has not been able to attain higher sales figure and hence it expects lot from the new SUV. The natural disasters in Japan have also affected the production which in turn hampered the sales of Mitsubishi vehicles. It is also one of the prime reasons for the delay in the launch of Pajero Sport in India, which was showcased at the New Delhi Auto Expo 2012.
A 2.5-litre diesel engine is provided in the car, which has the potential to deliver power of 176 hp and torque of 400 Nm. Engine of this SUV is mated with a 5-speed automatic transmission, which allows easy shift of gears. A 4WD system is also available as optional arrangement. The company has provided 17-inch alloy wheels along with 265/65 R17 tyres. Availability of the car in six different colours has also been confirmed by the car maker.
Leather seats, automatic climate control system, gear knob wrapped in leather, and a MP3 player with a slot for USB are some of the highlights of Pajero Sport. 60:40 split seats are provided for the second row whereas the third row has 50:50 spilt seating arrangements. As per the company, the new Pajero Sport also has rear parking sensors, self-levelling projector headlamps and rear wash wiper with a defogger. For maximum safety, driver and passenger airbags are provided in the vehicle along with ABS and EBD
The company has introduced the Pajero Sport in single variant in the Indian market. New Toyota Fortuner and Hyundai Santa Fe will be the main competitors of Pajero Sport 2012 in the Indian market, which all comes in the same segment.
Price of Pajero Sport is higher than its competitors Toyota Fortuner SUV and the Hyundai Santa Fe. As per reports, the Pajero Sport is imported as completely built unit (CBU) from the Thailand facility of the company, which compels the car maker to price it high. However, things will change from September onwards as Mitsubishi plans to assemble the new SUV at the Hindustan Motors facility at Tiruvallur in the sate of Tamil Nadu.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Mitsubishi to unveil new Pajero Sport at Heart-in-Mouth event on March 24
- Nissan-Mitsubishi reveals a new jointly developed minicar
- Old vs New: Mitsubishi Voyager vs Nissan Evalia
- Pajero Sport helps Mitsubishi improve its brand image in India
- Mitsubishi Pajero Sport receives 'Off roader of the year' from BBC Top Gear
- Mitsubishi may find it better to operate independent of HM, just as Renault India
- Mitsubishi Mirage hatchback NOT to be launched in India
- New Mitsubishi Lancer for India could be available by 2014
- Hindustan Motors opens a new Mitsubishi dealership in Bangalore; its 41st in the country
- Mitsubishi to break covers off its 2014 Outlander CUV at 2012 LA Auto Show
- Mitsubishi discontinues outdated Lancer and Pajero SFX in Indian auto market
- Mitsubishi Pajero cheaper by Rs. 1.87 lacs; Ominous news for Toyota and Ford
- Hindustan Motors kicks off the assembly of Pajero Sport locally
- SsangYong Rexton to challenge the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, upon its Indian launch on October 17, 2012
- Hindustan Motors open the doors of a new Mitsubishi showroom in Mangalore