New Mercedes Benz SLK details revealed
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The Germany based leading luxury car maker Mercedes Benz has officially issued the details of its new generation SLK class model. The car is ready to be launched by the end of this month on the occasion of company’s 125th birthday celebrations in Stuttgart. The car is expected to be unveiled in India shortly after its global launch.
The new Mercedes Benz SLK carries a new rear-wheel drive platform along with a highly sporting chassis. While the older version of the car carries a folding hard-top, the new SLK comes blessed with a newly designed fabric roof. The customers will have an option to choose from standard aluminum, fixed-tint glass or electro-magnetic variable-tint glass panel.
The new SLK Class model will be launched in two 1.8L petrol versions including SLK200 and SLK250, delivering a peak power of 184bhp and 204bhp, respectively. Both of the variants will come incorporating six-speed manual transmission gearbox. The diesel version of the car will sport a 2.1L, 204bhp diesel engine.
The car would also be rolled-out in a high powered SLK 350 variant that will sport a 3.5-litre (306 bhp) direct-injection engine. The model will come mated with a standard seven-speed automatic transmission along with an improved fuel economy and performance. The new SLK350 is claimed to take just 5.6sec to break the speed barrier of 100 km/hr.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to get 1.6 litre and 2.2 litre engines in India
- Mercedes-Benz R-Class to be removed from Indian auto market
- Boris Becker unveils new Mercedes-Benz 2013 GL-Class
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class promises to be a new name in luxury
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class set to take on BMW's Mini Cooper in India
- Mercedes-Benz India launches GL-Class facelift at Rs. 77.5 lakh
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class facelift to be launched in India today
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class to be a definite head turner
- Mercedes-Benz opens the doors of 'Silver Arrows', its first store in Noida
- Mercedes-Benz India to launch a new entry-level SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class facelift set for its Indian launch on May 16, 2013
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class becomes a rage in the Indian social media circuit
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to reclaim top spot for Mercedes in India
- Mercedes-Benz ties up with MTV India for the new A-Class Pulsate campaign
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class boasts of looks to take on BMW 5 series