New Maruti Suzuki Skill development center to be established in Gujarat
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The country’s largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India Limited is planning to set-up a skill development center in the state of Gujarat. It is to be mentioned here that the company has planned-up an investment of Rs 4,000 crore in the state to set-up their mega manufacturing facility. In meeting with Gujarat State Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Friday, Suzuki Motor Corp Chairman Mr. Osamu Suzuki conveyed the plan.
Speaking to the reporters after the meeting, Mr. Suzuki said, "I came to thank Mr Modi because he visited me in Japan, and I came (to India) to attend AGM of Maruti."
According to the MSIL Chairman Mr. Bhargava, Initially 500 people will go to Japan for training. He added, "Skill development is another area necessary for the establishment of a new industrial empire... Mr. Suzuki has mentioned about making a scheme by which up to 500 technicians, supervisors can be trained before we start production here."
The production at upcoming Gujarat facility of the company is expected to go on stream by year 2015-16, which will be generating direct employment for over 2,000 people in the state.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume