New Maruti Alto at Rs. 2 Lakh
Maruti Suzuki is ready to re-introduce its flagship model Maruti Alto in the Indian market with an upgraded engine. The new model will be a stripped down version with a new engine which is compliant with the new BS IV stage norms. The new Alto with K series engine will be priced at Rs. 2 lakh and above. "The Alto will not be much more expensive than the 800 and we will keep trying to do whatever we can to make it more and more affordable," said RC Bhargava, MSIL Chairman.
MSIL is phasing out M800 model and the new Alto is its flagship model. Maruti sells close to 20,000 Altos every month. "The car will be in showrooms in the next couple of months but don’t expect major changes in design. The company doesn’t want to change the design of its highly successful car model and its not just Alto, Maruti is planning to refresh its entire car line up a new Wagon R which is also expected before end of April," Bhargava added.
- Tata Zest bags 10,000 bookings within 20 days
- Honesty prevails - Villagers from Gambhari in Puri district return over 50 stolen bikes
- Volkswagen India plans on reaching more customers with a new smartphone app
- Maruti Swift Sport planned for India?
- Buzz busted-Maruti Ciaz coming in mid-October
- Motorcycle Riders' Must-Have Devices
- Suzuki Inazuma Semi-faired Version spotted in Indonesia
- Mahindra Racing to concentrate on bike development only