New Maruti Alto at Rs. 2 Lakh
Maruti Suzuki is ready to re-introduce its flagship model Maruti Alto in the Indian market with an upgraded engine. The new model will be a stripped down version with a new engine which is compliant with the new BS IV stage norms. The new Alto with K series engine will be priced at Rs. 2 lakh and above. "The Alto will not be much more expensive than the 800 and we will keep trying to do whatever we can to make it more and more affordable," said RC Bhargava, MSIL Chairman.
MSIL is phasing out M800 model and the new Alto is its flagship model. Maruti sells close to 20,000 Altos every month. "The car will be in showrooms in the next couple of months but don’t expect major changes in design. The company doesn’t want to change the design of its highly successful car model and its not just Alto, Maruti is planning to refresh its entire car line up a new Wagon R which is also expected before end of April," Bhargava added.
- Maruti S-Cross SX4 launch likely by January 2015
- Hyundai ix25 coming in 2015, compact SUV to follow suit
- Petrol Pumps on indefinite strike in Maharashtra since 26th August
- Mercedes Benz, BMW and Audi are top ranked searched luxury brands in India
- Bajaj Auto earns the title of being the 5th Most valuable brand in India
- 2015 Volvo XC90 revealed-images inside
- The legacy of Honda Unicorn over the Years
- Launch of Honda CBR300R delayed in India