New Maruti Alto at Rs. 2 Lakh
Maruti Suzuki is ready to re-introduce its flagship model Maruti Alto in the Indian market with an upgraded engine. The new model will be a stripped down version with a new engine which is compliant with the new BS IV stage norms. The new Alto with K series engine will be priced at Rs. 2 lakh and above. "The Alto will not be much more expensive than the 800 and we will keep trying to do whatever we can to make it more and more affordable," said RC Bhargava, MSIL Chairman.
MSIL is phasing out M800 model and the new Alto is its flagship model. Maruti sells close to 20,000 Altos every month. "The car will be in showrooms in the next couple of months but don’t expect major changes in design. The company doesn’t want to change the design of its highly successful car model and its not just Alto, Maruti is planning to refresh its entire car line up a new Wagon R which is also expected before end of April," Bhargava added.
- Honda Mobilio ropes in 20,000 bookings in two months
- Bajaj Pulsar's strong history in Indian two-wheeler segment
- Tata Motor's New Releases in 2014
- Yamaha Looking forward to Launch Street Fighter Version of R25
- Kawasaki India to offer a Green-Black shaded Z800
- Indian Bike Week Chai Pakoda ride held with great fervour in Mumbai
- Ford EcoSport - A path breaking compact SUV in India
- Maruti Ciaz launch slated for October 5