New Maruti Alto at Rs. 2 Lakh
Maruti Suzuki is ready to re-introduce its flagship model Maruti Alto in the Indian market with an upgraded engine. The new model will be a stripped down version with a new engine which is compliant with the new BS IV stage norms. The new Alto with K series engine will be priced at Rs. 2 lakh and above. "The Alto will not be much more expensive than the 800 and we will keep trying to do whatever we can to make it more and more affordable," said RC Bhargava, MSIL Chairman.
MSIL is phasing out M800 model and the new Alto is its flagship model. Maruti sells close to 20,000 Altos every month. "The car will be in showrooms in the next couple of months but don’t expect major changes in design. The company doesn’t want to change the design of its highly successful car model and its not just Alto, Maruti is planning to refresh its entire car line up a new Wagon R which is also expected before end of April," Bhargava added.
- 2014 Volkswagen Jetta coming this year
- Yamaha looking to increase market share by launching fuel efficient bikes
- Spy shots of Ducati Scrambler revealed
- Cricket legend Kumar Sangakkara becomes brand ambassador for TVS Lanka
- Ford Figo Aka 'KA hatchback' launched in Brazil, launch in India expected soon
- Bike show EICMA celebrates 100 years of functioning
- Bentley set to manufacture new two-seater sports car
- Maruti Celerio diesel launch expected by early 2015