New Maruti Alto at Rs. 2 Lakh
Maruti Suzuki is ready to re-introduce its flagship model Maruti Alto in the Indian market with an upgraded engine. The new model will be a stripped down version with a new engine which is compliant with the new BS IV stage norms. The new Alto with K series engine will be priced at Rs. 2 lakh and above. "The Alto will not be much more expensive than the 800 and we will keep trying to do whatever we can to make it more and more affordable," said RC Bhargava, MSIL Chairman.
MSIL is phasing out M800 model and the new Alto is its flagship model. Maruti sells close to 20,000 Altos every month. "The car will be in showrooms in the next couple of months but don’t expect major changes in design. The company doesn’t want to change the design of its highly successful car model and its not just Alto, Maruti is planning to refresh its entire car line up a new Wagon R which is also expected before end of April," Bhargava added.
- Volkswagen Jetta facelift India launch in early 2015
- Mahindra XUV500 and Scorpio handed out to winners of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa and Khatron Ke Khiladi
- Honda Acura NSX Supercar production version teased, shall be showcased in early 2015
- 2015 Audi A6 facelift arrives in India for homologation purpose
- Hyundai's Santro exit makes way for i10 to ply as Taxi in India
- Honda personally conducts tests, due to frustration over Takata's failure in delivering safe airbags
- Honda CB Unicorn 160 launched at Rs. 69,350
- Surat and Bangalore get New Harley-Davidson Dealerships