New Maruti Alto at Rs. 2 Lakh
Maruti Suzuki is ready to re-introduce its flagship model Maruti Alto in the Indian market with an upgraded engine. The new model will be a stripped down version with a new engine which is compliant with the new BS IV stage norms. The new Alto with K series engine will be priced at Rs. 2 lakh and above. "The Alto will not be much more expensive than the 800 and we will keep trying to do whatever we can to make it more and more affordable," said RC Bhargava, MSIL Chairman.
MSIL is phasing out M800 model and the new Alto is its flagship model. Maruti sells close to 20,000 Altos every month. "The car will be in showrooms in the next couple of months but don’t expect major changes in design. The company doesn’t want to change the design of its highly successful car model and its not just Alto, Maruti is planning to refresh its entire car line up a new Wagon R which is also expected before end of April," Bhargava added.
- India-made Hyundai Xcent makes its way to Mexican market
- Honda India celebrates its 40th anniversary with Iconic Honda Gold Wing - GL1800
- Honda marks 300 Million motorcycle production achievement with Gold Wing
- New BMW M4 Coupe Vs Audi RS5 Vs Mercedes C63 AMG
- New BMW M3 sedan Vs Audi S4-Spec comparison
- Audi A3 Cabriolet launch date is December 11, 2014
- Ssangyong Tivoli is the production-spec X100 compact SUV
- Pioneer India launches new range of in-car entertainment audio products