New Maruti Alto at Rs. 2 Lakh
Maruti Suzuki is ready to re-introduce its flagship model Maruti Alto in the Indian market with an upgraded engine. The new model will be a stripped down version with a new engine which is compliant with the new BS IV stage norms. The new Alto with K series engine will be priced at Rs. 2 lakh and above. "The Alto will not be much more expensive than the 800 and we will keep trying to do whatever we can to make it more and more affordable," said RC Bhargava, MSIL Chairman.
MSIL is phasing out M800 model and the new Alto is its flagship model. Maruti sells close to 20,000 Altos every month. "The car will be in showrooms in the next couple of months but don’t expect major changes in design. The company doesn’t want to change the design of its highly successful car model and its not just Alto, Maruti is planning to refresh its entire car line up a new Wagon R which is also expected before end of April," Bhargava added.
- KTM's E-Speed put on hold; a solid makeover might be underway
- India gets its first all women bike-borne commando team: The "Jaanbaaz"!
- Honda sets high hopes with its Gujarat facility
- Hero MotoCorp to invest over Rs. 5000 Crores for its plants in India and abroad
- Bajaj launches a new version of Discover 125
- All new Hyundai Verna to battle with Honda City and Maruti Ciaz
- New Maruti Swift facelift will be 10% more fuel efficient
- Mahindra Thar Adventure Edition introduced; production limited to 30 units