New Maruti Alto at Rs. 2 Lakh
Maruti Suzuki is ready to re-introduce its flagship model Maruti Alto in the Indian market with an upgraded engine. The new model will be a stripped down version with a new engine which is compliant with the new BS IV stage norms. The new Alto with K series engine will be priced at Rs. 2 lakh and above. "The Alto will not be much more expensive than the 800 and we will keep trying to do whatever we can to make it more and more affordable," said RC Bhargava, MSIL Chairman.
MSIL is phasing out M800 model and the new Alto is its flagship model. Maruti sells close to 20,000 Altos every month. "The car will be in showrooms in the next couple of months but don’t expect major changes in design. The company doesn’t want to change the design of its highly successful car model and its not just Alto, Maruti is planning to refresh its entire car line up a new Wagon R which is also expected before end of April," Bhargava added.
- Ford Fiesta gets pricier in India
- New Tata Aria facelift might come in 2016
- New Honda Jazz likely to come in 3 engine options
- Mahindra to launch all new Gusto based 125cc scooter
- Honda to try its hand in the Trike market
- Delhi Police release traffic advisory before 66th Republic Day
- Audi releases the calendar for 2015 Audi Sport TT Cup
- Battle between MPVs - Maruti Ertiga Vs Nissan Datsun Go+