New Maruti Alto at Rs. 2 Lakh
Maruti Suzuki is ready to re-introduce its flagship model Maruti Alto in the Indian market with an upgraded engine. The new model will be a stripped down version with a new engine which is compliant with the new BS IV stage norms. The new Alto with K series engine will be priced at Rs. 2 lakh and above. "The Alto will not be much more expensive than the 800 and we will keep trying to do whatever we can to make it more and more affordable," said RC Bhargava, MSIL Chairman.
MSIL is phasing out M800 model and the new Alto is its flagship model. Maruti sells close to 20,000 Altos every month. "The car will be in showrooms in the next couple of months but don’t expect major changes in design. The company doesn’t want to change the design of its highly successful car model and its not just Alto, Maruti is planning to refresh its entire car line up a new Wagon R which is also expected before end of April," Bhargava added.
- Performance oriented Tata Bolt to be unveiled in Geneva
- McLaren 675 LT unveiled
- Nissan Sway concept (next-gen Micra) Teased again
- Hero HX250R with ABS imported to India from USA for testing
- Would the new Maruti Swift Dzire grab market share for Honda Amaze?
- Moto Guzzi has plans to launch V7 Stone in the Indian market
- Reasons behind successful hatchbacks - Tata Bolt and Volkswagen Polo
- Audi unveils 2016 R8 second generation