New Kawasaki Ninja 650 R launched at Rs 4.99L
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Bajaj Auto, the country’s second largest two-wheeler maker, has launched new version of the popular Kawasaki Ninja 650 model at a price tag of Rs 4,99,834. The earlier Ninja 650 R model was launched in the Indian market in June last year.
Bajaj Auto has a manufacturing tie-up with the Japanese Kawasaki, under which company imports the bikes in semi knocked down units and assembles them at their Chakan plant in Pune.
It is to be mentioned here that the Ninja range of bikes was first introduced in the Indian market in year 2009, and the company has sold over 3000 units of this range since then. In the 2 to 5 lac sports bike segment, the company has a market share of 65 percent. Besides the new Kawasaki Ninja 650 R, the company has two more sports bikes in its portfolio including Kawasaki Ninja 250R and the KTM 200 Duke.
Speaking to the reporters in Pune at the occasion of the launch of this new bike, Bajaj Auto Pro-biking Vice President Amit Nandi said, "We will start bookings from next week and in the next three to four weeks the delivery will begin."
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Ford EcoSport bookings begin in June, safety features highlighted in media
- Honda Amaze to be officially launched in Nepal during June 2013
- Fiat eyes 5 per cent market share through dealership expansion and new launches
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India to spread riding awareness among women
- First time Indian buyers prefer premium hatchbacks and compact sedans
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class promises to be a new name in luxury
- Skoda Fabia to be removed from Indian market this year
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Fiat organises free vehicle check-up camps in Mumbai, Pune and Surat
- Honda announces return to FIA Formula One World Championship in 2015
- Ford EcoSport bookings to start in June 2013
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Pre-season tests for the Volkswagen Polo R Cup 2013 held at BIC
- Mahindra Vibe to challenge Maruti Swift and Hyundai i20 in India
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class set to take on BMW's Mini Cooper in India