New Hyundai ix35 Car
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
A car with markedly better fuel-efficiency and lower CO2 emission levels, that’s the new Hyundai ix35 concept car from Hyundai. It will be revealed at the Frankfurt Motor Show this September. It will be the replacement for its popular SUV Tucson. The car has been designed by Thomas Buerkle at Hyundai's Russelsheim design studio in Germany and reflects more European design styles with its sharper panel creases.
The ix35 will arrive on our side of the world, first in Australia in the first half of next year. The model is likely to come with 4-wheel drive with a choice of diesel and petrol four-cylinder engines matched to a new 6-speed transmission. “The running costs for the ix35 will compete head on with mainstream hatchbacks," says Hyundai. The company is also claiming its enhanced aerodynamics and a "more refined powertrain technology" will be the main attributes responsible for its better fuel efficiency and better CO2 emission levels.
The ix35 is set to debut alongside a revamped version of Hyundai's larger Santa Fe off-roader.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
When will this Hyundai ix35 be on the market in the USA?February 27, 2010 by Sharlene
- Hyundai kicks off Trophy Tour for the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy in New Delhi
- Mahindra Vibe to challenge Maruti Swift and Hyundai i20 in India
- Hyundai looking to get more aggressive in the Indian auto market
- Hyundai compact SUV to arrive at Indian shores in 2014
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Hyundai Motor India to introduce four new models over the next 2 years
- Hyundai Motor India registers 4.3 per cent rise in total sales in April 2013
- Comparing the new Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI with Hyundai i20
- Hyundai pursues aggressive expansion plans for the Indian UV market
- Hyundai’s i20-based HB20S could stir new row in the entry level sedan market
- Hyundai Motor India effectuates top management elevation
- Honda’ new model to take on Maruti Alto and Hyundai Eon
- Hyundai total sales down 4.71 per cent in March, exports up by 12.3 per cent
- Price hikes implemented by Hyundai Motor India Limited from April 1
- Hyundai set to introduce new compact SUV and MPV models in India soon