New Hyundai Elantra launched in the range of Rs 12.51 - 14.24 lakhs
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The country’s second largest car maker Hyundai Motors India Limited (HMIL) has launched the much awaited 2012 Hyundai Elantra premium sedan in the Indian market. The new Elantra is launched in the price range of Rs 12.51 - 14.24 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi). Receiving an overwhelming response from the Indian buyers, the company has already received over 750 bookings for this car.
Rolled-out in 7 variants the new 2012 Elantra model is available in both petrol and diesel versions. While the three petrol variants are available in the price bracket of Rs 12.51-14.24 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi), the four diesel variants are offered in the range of Rs 12.91-15.85 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi).
Blessed with Hyundai’s highly successful Fluidic design concept, the new Elantra is available in a 1,797cc petrol and 1,582cc diesel engine with option of both manual and automatic transmission.
The 1.8L petrol engine delivers a peak power of 149.5PS @6,500 rpm with a peak torque of 181Nm @ 4700 rpm. It will be delivering a mileage of 16 km per liter. On the other hand, the 1.6 diesel engine, which is also doing duties in the Verna sedan, delivers 128PS @ 4000 rpm with maximum torque of 265Nm @ 1,900-2,750 rpm. The new Elantra Diesel will be offering a high mileage of 22 km per liter.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
1.6 litre diesel mill is disappointing when it is already in Verna...was expecting something more. It makes it a Verna with different looks and some mumbo-jumbo.Sun/Moon roof would have made Elantra more appealing.August 16, 2012 by Gaurav
Wow ... thats a sweety!August 14, 2012 by John
- Mahindra Vibe to challenge Maruti Swift and Hyundai i20 in India
- Hyundai looking to get more aggressive in the Indian auto market
- Hyundai compact SUV to arrive at Indian shores in 2014
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Hyundai Motor India to introduce four new models over the next 2 years
- Hyundai Motor India registers 4.3 per cent rise in total sales in April 2013
- Comparing the new Volkswagen Polo 1.2 GT TSI with Hyundai i20
- Hyundai pursues aggressive expansion plans for the Indian UV market
- Hyundai’s i20-based HB20S could stir new row in the entry level sedan market
- Hyundai Motor India effectuates top management elevation
- Honda’ new model to take on Maruti Alto and Hyundai Eon
- Hyundai total sales down 4.71 per cent in March, exports up by 12.3 per cent
- Price hikes implemented by Hyundai Motor India Limited from April 1
- Hyundai set to introduce new compact SUV and MPV models in India soon
- Discounts galore by Hyundai, Maruti Suzuki, Tata and Volkswagen