New Honda City to be launched in November, 2013
Honda India, the domestic arm of Japanese auto maker, seems all prepared to introduce a new generation model of City sedan in the country. Sources close to the development process have revealed that the model will be showcased on November 25 with much aplomb. Reportedly, the new model will feature a diesel engine, which was missing in Honda City from quite a long time. It must be noted that the Japanese car maker stood straight during its entire tenure in the Indian auto market without a diesel engine. Interestingly, even when the prices of petrol faced a significant hike, the company stuck towards its petrol engines only. However, with the launch of entry level sedan Amaze diesel, the demand for Honda models almost witnessed a three-fold increase.
Now, with news stating that Honda is planning to introduce a new model of Honda City with a diesel engine. Industry experts are of a view that the model will be launched somewhere in January 2014 and would source the 1.5-litre i-DTEC diesel engine from Amaze. However, the configuration will be different and is expected to churn out a maximum power of 105 bhp from the existing 98 bhp. Reportedly, the i-DTEC engine will be now incorporated with variable geometry technology, which will help it to boost the performance standards.
Coming to the pricing of new Honda City, rumour mill is indicating that it will be somewhere around Rs. 1 lakh costly than the current generation model. Sources further said that the Japanese auto maker may halt the production of its current generation City and clear the stocks to make way for the upcoming model. Owing to this, auto analysts are expecting heavy discounts and a number of freebies as well as goodies on the current Honda City, off late. On the styling front, no major changes are expected to be featured within the next generation Honda City; however interiors will be modified. Along with new Honda City, a number of new models are lined up by the Japanese auto maker for the Indian auto market. Cars like Brio-based Mobilio Multi Purpose Vehicle (MPV) and reworked Jazz are anticipated to make their presence at the 2014 New Delhi Auto Expo.
- Shah Rukh Khan - Bollywood's superstar buys a Rs. 10 Crore bombproof Mercedes Benz
- Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 - One of the most anticipated vehicle for this festive season
- Hyundai Motors plan to use India as a base for car exports
- Hyundai Elite i20 Crossover spotted undergoing road tests in India
- Selling defective Tata Manza costs 7.5 Lakh penalty to dealer and company
- Car sales dip, whereas Motorbike sales rise during Dhanteras this year
- 455 Units of Fiat Punto Evo delivered to a Dimaond Merchant in Surat
- BMW India to launch M3 saloon and M4 coupe in November