New Fiat Linea in January 2010
Fiat India is planning to bring a high powered Fiat Linea in January next year. Fiat Linea has already been quite successful in the sedan market. A high performance model will further enhance Fiat’s strength in the segment. Fiat will be launching Fiat Linea T-Jet that will be powered by a 1.4L petrol engine delivering 120 ps @ 5000 rpm and 206 nm of torque after 1750 rpm.
The new Linea model will attain 0-100 kmph in 9.2 seconds and will be capable of attaining top speed of 200kmph. The current model of Linea is available with 1.3L diesel and 1.4L petrol engines. Other features added to the new model will be Hill Holder function that will prevent the car from rolling backwards when you take your foot off the pedal, rain sensing wipers, reverse parking sensors and automatic headlamps.
The Italian car maker has 50-50 joint venture in India with Tata Motors. It also intends to export its models Linea and Grand Punto to overseas market from next year. Punto will be exported to South Africa from November onwards."We will in the first phase cater to the neighbouring markets of Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bhutan and then look at markets such as New Zealand and Australia," said a senior Fiat representative.
fiat had launched the tjet engine but this petrol , customer waiting for new improve diesel engine when it will be arise give me feed back on my no 9028905750.March 17 , 2010 by Shital Varma
fiat really have to seroiusly consider about more powerful 1.6 lit or 1.9 lit deisel engine for the linea if they have to stand in competition, because current linea is low powered.December 09 , 2009 by Dr Parag
A high power diesel engine, wider tyres and a DSG box are essentially needed to be incorporated into Fiat portfolio.November 21 , 2009 by Veeer
Linea T-jet is welcome, but what Fiat must concentrate is on the diesel segment.It should introduce more powerful diesel models of Linea and also Automatic transmission variants, if has to survive the competition in the coming months !!!November 21 , 2009 by DR MADHU
- Honda starts exporting Jazz from Indian facility to South African markets
- Third generation Skoda Superb likely to be launched in India in second half of 2016
- Polaris reportedly exploring possibilities for Indian Motorcyle brand assembly in India
- Limited edition Nissan Terrano Groove only for Rs. 11.45 Lakhs, a good preposition in SUV segment
- Mahindra plans to launch Ssangyong Tivoli in India
- Renault Lodgy offers seven different variants to choose from
- Datsun Redi-Go based hatchback likely to debut at 2016 Delhi Auto Show
- Hyundai ix25 spotted testing, launch in festive season