New Fiat Linea in January 2010
Fiat India is planning to bring a high powered Fiat Linea in January next year. Fiat Linea has already been quite successful in the sedan market. A high performance model will further enhance Fiat’s strength in the segment. Fiat will be launching Fiat Linea T-Jet that will be powered by a 1.4L petrol engine delivering 120 ps @ 5000 rpm and 206 nm of torque after 1750 rpm.
The new Linea model will attain 0-100 kmph in 9.2 seconds and will be capable of attaining top speed of 200kmph. The current model of Linea is available with 1.3L diesel and 1.4L petrol engines. Other features added to the new model will be Hill Holder function that will prevent the car from rolling backwards when you take your foot off the pedal, rain sensing wipers, reverse parking sensors and automatic headlamps.
The Italian car maker has 50-50 joint venture in India with Tata Motors. It also intends to export its models Linea and Grand Punto to overseas market from next year. Punto will be exported to South Africa from November onwards."We will in the first phase cater to the neighbouring markets of Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bhutan and then look at markets such as New Zealand and Australia," said a senior Fiat representative.
- Mercedes Benz GLA coming on Sept 30, AMG variant to follow suit next month
- Hyundai's Limited Edition i10 Sportz - Factors that make it unique
- Toyota reveals C-HR concept officially prior to Paris Motor Show
- Maruti Suzuki may offer hybrids at a lucrative price tag
- Maruti Suzuki launches Limited Edition Wagon R Krest with 10 Smart features
- Honda CBR 650F expected to be launched in last quarter of 2015
- Skoda Rapid facelift launching on September 25
- Yamaha Fazer FI and Bajaj Discover 150F - Two New Launches in the 150 cc Category