New Fiat Linea in January 2010
Fiat India is planning to bring a high powered Fiat Linea in January next year. Fiat Linea has already been quite successful in the sedan market. A high performance model will further enhance Fiat’s strength in the segment. Fiat will be launching Fiat Linea T-Jet that will be powered by a 1.4L petrol engine delivering 120 ps @ 5000 rpm and 206 nm of torque after 1750 rpm.
The new Linea model will attain 0-100 kmph in 9.2 seconds and will be capable of attaining top speed of 200kmph. The current model of Linea is available with 1.3L diesel and 1.4L petrol engines. Other features added to the new model will be Hill Holder function that will prevent the car from rolling backwards when you take your foot off the pedal, rain sensing wipers, reverse parking sensors and automatic headlamps.
The Italian car maker has 50-50 joint venture in India with Tata Motors. It also intends to export its models Linea and Grand Punto to overseas market from next year. Punto will be exported to South Africa from November onwards."We will in the first phase cater to the neighbouring markets of Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bhutan and then look at markets such as New Zealand and Australia," said a senior Fiat representative.
- Honda CB Unicorn 160 launches today
- Datsun Go+ MPV specification & other details revealed
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Ertiga facelift likely to steal the show in MPV segment next year
- Daimler Trucks Asia gets a new Head - Marc Llistosella
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz enters the Algeria market, launched for Rs. 9.27 lakh
- 400th authorized dealership inaugurated by Mahindra First Choice
- Upcoming Bugatti Veyron likely to get electric turbochargers that shall generate 1500 HP
- Volkswagen's compact sedan launch likely by early 2016