New Fiat Linea in January 2010
Fiat India is planning to bring a high powered Fiat Linea in January next year. Fiat Linea has already been quite successful in the sedan market. A high performance model will further enhance Fiat’s strength in the segment. Fiat will be launching Fiat Linea T-Jet that will be powered by a 1.4L petrol engine delivering 120 ps @ 5000 rpm and 206 nm of torque after 1750 rpm.
The new Linea model will attain 0-100 kmph in 9.2 seconds and will be capable of attaining top speed of 200kmph. The current model of Linea is available with 1.3L diesel and 1.4L petrol engines. Other features added to the new model will be Hill Holder function that will prevent the car from rolling backwards when you take your foot off the pedal, rain sensing wipers, reverse parking sensors and automatic headlamps.
The Italian car maker has 50-50 joint venture in India with Tata Motors. It also intends to export its models Linea and Grand Punto to overseas market from next year. Punto will be exported to South Africa from November onwards."We will in the first phase cater to the neighbouring markets of Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bhutan and then look at markets such as New Zealand and Australia," said a senior Fiat representative.
- Fiat Abarth 500 comes to India for homologation; launching soon
- Isuzu Motors developing Toyota Innova rivalling premium MPV for India
- UM Renegade Commando Expected Launch by Nov - Tagged at 1.25 lakh INR
- The real low-cost bike is still on the drawing board, so says Pawan Munjal - MD, Hero MotoCorp
- Popular bikes over 200cc in India
- Polaris Ind launches Indian Scout, a new Cruiser Bike in India
- Indian Scout Launched at 11.99 Lakhs INR, Bookings Open
- Ford EcoSport Variants in India