New Fiat Linea in January 2010
Fiat India is planning to bring a high powered Fiat Linea in January next year. Fiat Linea has already been quite successful in the sedan market. A high performance model will further enhance Fiat’s strength in the segment. Fiat will be launching Fiat Linea T-Jet that will be powered by a 1.4L petrol engine delivering 120 ps @ 5000 rpm and 206 nm of torque after 1750 rpm.
The new Linea model will attain 0-100 kmph in 9.2 seconds and will be capable of attaining top speed of 200kmph. The current model of Linea is available with 1.3L diesel and 1.4L petrol engines. Other features added to the new model will be Hill Holder function that will prevent the car from rolling backwards when you take your foot off the pedal, rain sensing wipers, reverse parking sensors and automatic headlamps.
The Italian car maker has 50-50 joint venture in India with Tata Motors. It also intends to export its models Linea and Grand Punto to overseas market from next year. Punto will be exported to South Africa from November onwards."We will in the first phase cater to the neighbouring markets of Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bhutan and then look at markets such as New Zealand and Australia," said a senior Fiat representative.
- Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 - Petrol Vs CNG comparison
- Hyundai Solaris Aka the new Verna shall be a visual treat due for launch this year end
- Mercedes Benz India registers 25 per cent growth in first six months of 2014
- Tata Motors - Revotron 1.2T engine potential revealed
- Tata Zest production begins, launch round the corner
- Indian Motorcycles set to re-launch Roadmaster in 2015
- Audi A3 launch next week, bookings open from 1st August for Rs. 3.5 Lakhs
- Festive season set for multiple two-wheeler launches