Mercedes to launch A45 AMG to mark 45th anniversary of its AMG brand
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Mercedes-Benz's wholly owned AMG brand is synonymous with unmatched performance, exclusivity and dynamic driving pleasure. The company, which was founded by Hans Werner Aufrecht and Erhard Melcher back in 1967, is celebrating its 45th anniversary in 2012. The vehicles under the brand reflect the success of Mercedes-Benz in the world of motor sport. The brand represents the technological advancements of the German car maker in the high-performance car segment. It offers top-of-the-class technologies and pure driving pleasure through its promise of Driving Performance.
In order to mark the 45th anniversary of the brand, the car maker is planning to launch an all-new A45 AMG in Q1 of 2013. The new vehicle will become the first compact model to adorn the AMG badge upon launch. However, the German car maker is already looking ahead at its agenda for the coming 5 years, which includes the launch of 8 new models.
Chairman, Management Board, Mercedes-AMG, Ola Källenius, said, “Our goal is to build the most dynamic, most powerful and at the same time most efficient four-cylinder series production compact car. Together with other future high-performance compact cars, the new A 45 AMG will embody exclusive dynamism and the ‘AMG Performance 50' growth strategy. With this passionate commitment to what for us is a new vehicle segment, Mercedes-AMG plans to make a significant contribution to the growth of Mercedes-Benz Cars.”
The new launch marking the 45th anniversary of AMG will house a 2.0-litre, turbocharged four-cylinder powertrain under its hood, which will be built to deliver more than 300 Nm of torque. The engine will come coupled with an AMG Speed shift DCT seven-speed transmission and will offer four-wheel-drive (4WD) mechanism.
Eight new launches planned by the leading car maker will take its current line-up of 22 models to 30 models. Besides the new launches, Mercedes is targeting to increase its production capacity from 20,000 to 30,000 vehicles in a year to mark an increment of 50 per cent. In all probability, the new models will belong to the S-Class range and CL-Class range, according to the company. Focussing on its growth in the China, Russia, Korea, and Brazil, the company aims to setup nearly 350 AMG Performance Centres worldwide by its 50th anniversary.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Major highlights of Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to set new benchmarks for luxury hatchbacks
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to get 1.6 litre and 2.2 litre engines in India
- Mercedes-Benz R-Class to be removed from Indian auto market
- Boris Becker unveils new Mercedes-Benz 2013 GL-Class
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class promises to be a new name in luxury
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class set to take on BMW's Mini Cooper in India
- Mercedes-Benz India launches GL-Class facelift at Rs. 77.5 lakh
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class facelift to be launched in India today
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class to be a definite head turner
- Mercedes-Benz opens the doors of 'Silver Arrows', its first store in Noida
- Mercedes-Benz India to launch a new entry-level SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class facelift set for its Indian launch on May 16, 2013
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class becomes a rage in the Indian social media circuit
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to reclaim top spot for Mercedes in India