Mercedes launches performance-edition C250 AMG C-Class model in Hyderabad and Mumbai
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
India received the Limited Edition of Audi S4 just a few days back with a price tag of Rs. 45.31 lacs. It was Mercedes' turn to come up with something to counter that and it did just that with launch of its performance edition Mercedes C-Class in Mumbai at a price of Rs. 34.62 lacs, whereas it will cost Rs. 25.91 lacs in Hyderabad. Mercedes AMG, a performance subsidiary of the parent company, developed the all-new C250 AMG Performance Edition model for the country. The new Performance Edition model in the C-Class is being touted as the most aggressive model in its segment, considering handling and driving dynamics. The B-Class, A-Class and a new E-Class will be the next big launches by the German company in the country, scheduled to be rolled out around the festive season.
Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Mercedes-Benz India, Peter T. Honegg, stated, “The C-Class has been one of the most successful sedans from the Mercedes-Benz portfolio and has received an overwhelming response. We have sold over 15,000 units of the C-Class since its launch in India in 2001.”
According to Honegg, the new launch will completely redefine the luxury entry level sedan segment. The car maker has completely overhauled the new model. However, the car is driven by the powertrain unit which powers the standard C250 and not an AMG unit. A 2143 cc, 4 cylinder CRDi diesel powertrain powers this rear-wheel driven car. The engine is capable of churning out 204 bhp of power at 4,200 rpm and 500 Nm of maximum torque at 1600-1800 rpm and comes mated to a 5 speed automatic transmission.
Other features of the revamped model include AMG body kit, including a stainless steel exhaust, perforated front disc brakes, 17 inch AMG 5 spoke alloy wheels and sports suspension. Besides these, it also features AMG Sports package interiors, paddle shifts, 3 spoke multi-function steering wheel, redesigned dashboard and a new gear lever. Other features include Nappa leather on interiors, black AMG floor mats, high resolution 4.5 inch TFT colour display and brushed Stainless Steel AMG sports pedals.
Mahavir Motors in Hyderabad, the capital of Andhra Pradesh, played host to the introduction of the new iteration of the C-Class sedan, which will compete head on with the upcoming 2012 BMW 3 Series (F30). The German luxury car manufacturer is aware of the fact that its C-Class has become dated and is working towards developing the bigger and better next-generation C-Class, which is due to be launched in India by 2014. For all those who wish to own the new Performance Edition C250 AMG must hurry, as Mercedes will sell only 100 units of the car model in the country.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Major highlights of Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to set new benchmarks for luxury hatchbacks
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to get 1.6 litre and 2.2 litre engines in India
- Mercedes-Benz R-Class to be removed from Indian auto market
- Boris Becker unveils new Mercedes-Benz 2013 GL-Class
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class promises to be a new name in luxury
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class set to take on BMW's Mini Cooper in India
- Mercedes-Benz India launches GL-Class facelift at Rs. 77.5 lakh
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class facelift to be launched in India today
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class to be a definite head turner
- Mercedes-Benz opens the doors of 'Silver Arrows', its first store in Noida
- Mercedes-Benz India to launch a new entry-level SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class facelift set for its Indian launch on May 16, 2013
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class becomes a rage in the Indian social media circuit
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to reclaim top spot for Mercedes in India