Mercedes Benz plans additional investment of Rs 400 crore to boost assembly capacity in India
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The leading German auto giant Mercedes Benz is planning to invest as much as Rs 400 crore in its India based plant enhance the assembling capacity by up to 400 percent. With this additional investment, the total investment of this German auto German auto giant will surge over Rs 1,000-crore.
The company is set to add a series of new car models in their India portfolio including the likes of B Class, A Class, CLA Class and GLA Class. All of these models will be brought to the Indian market through the CKD route, and to cater their assembling operations the company will require to boost their assembling capacity to 25,000-30,000 per annum over the period of next 2-3 years, as compared to existing capacity of 10,000 units.
In a recent statement, Mercedes Benz India managing director & CEO Peter Honegg said, "We have just increased paint-shop capacity at Pune plant from 10,000 units per annum to 20,000 units at an investment of Rs 180-200 crore. With a little more investment and additional shifts, the capacity will go up to 30,000 and even 40,000 units per annum. Alongside, investment is required in creating new assembly lines,"
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Major highlights of Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to set new benchmarks for luxury hatchbacks
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to get 1.6 litre and 2.2 litre engines in India
- Mercedes-Benz R-Class to be removed from Indian auto market
- Boris Becker unveils new Mercedes-Benz 2013 GL-Class
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class promises to be a new name in luxury
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class set to take on BMW's Mini Cooper in India
- Mercedes-Benz India launches GL-Class facelift at Rs. 77.5 lakh
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class facelift to be launched in India today
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class to be a definite head turner
- Mercedes-Benz opens the doors of 'Silver Arrows', its first store in Noida
- Mercedes-Benz India to launch a new entry-level SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class facelift set for its Indian launch on May 16, 2013
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class becomes a rage in the Indian social media circuit
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to reclaim top spot for Mercedes in India