Mercedes Benz launches new R350 diesel in India
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The country’s second largest luxury car maker Mercedes Benz has launched a new diesel variant of R350 in the Indian market on Wednesday. The new Multi Purpose Vehicle is carries a price tag of Rs 58.9 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The petrol version of the vehicle was launched in year 2010 with a price tag of Rs 58.7 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
Speaking at the launching ceremony, Mercedes- Benz India Director-Sales & Marketing Debashis Mitra, said, "We are sure that the diesel variant of this crossover model will be an attractive proposition for our valuable customers".
Powered by a 2,987cc diesel engine the new R350 CDI delivers a fuel economy of 11.25 km per liter. The powerful engine of the vehicle is coupled with a four wheel drive transmission. With a seating capacity of seven adults, new R350 host a considerable luggage space of 633 to 2385 litres.
Meanwhile, the company is planning aggressively to regain their top position in the Indian auto market, which was snatched by the BMW India about 3 year back.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
iwould like to recieve news about mercedes benzAugust 23, 2012 by Naiyer Mohammed
- Major highlights of Mercedes-Benz A-Class
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to set new benchmarks for luxury hatchbacks
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to get 1.6 litre and 2.2 litre engines in India
- Mercedes-Benz R-Class to be removed from Indian auto market
- Boris Becker unveils new Mercedes-Benz 2013 GL-Class
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class promises to be a new name in luxury
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class set to take on BMW's Mini Cooper in India
- Mercedes-Benz India launches GL-Class facelift at Rs. 77.5 lakh
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class facelift to be launched in India today
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class to be a definite head turner
- Mercedes-Benz opens the doors of 'Silver Arrows', its first store in Noida
- Mercedes-Benz India to launch a new entry-level SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class facelift set for its Indian launch on May 16, 2013
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class becomes a rage in the Indian social media circuit
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to reclaim top spot for Mercedes in India