Mercedes Benz India hosts Star Showcase in Patna to familiarise potential city-based buyers with its cars
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The 3 day long 'Star Showcase' being conducted by Mercedes Benz India commenced at Patna Golf Club ground on May 18, 2012. This event is a part of the German company's efforts to connect with potential clients located in the capital of the state of Bihar.
At this event, visitors will be able to see some of the most popular Mercedes Benz models, such as the E Class coupe, C Class, E Class, S Class, which will appeal to them. Along with these cars, the company will also showcase powerful Sports Utility Vehicle (SUVs) like GL Class and ML Class, which was recently launched in the country.
The two SUVs put on display here have been brought from the production plant of the company, which is located in Chakan, Maharashtra. On the other hand, Interkrafts Autocity, the main dealer of Mercedes Benz in Kolkata supplied the other cars showcased at the event. Hiteshwar Singh, Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Interkrafts Autocity, commented, "We are confident that the cars on display will excite customers of Patna and the 'star showcase' will give them a unique opportunity to experience various attributes of brand Mercedes-Benz."
Though 300 potential buyers were shortlisted by the company to attend the event and enjoy the unmatched Mercedes Benz experience on May 19, 2012, those who were unable to contain their excitement headed to the venue a day earlier. These included Shashi Kumar, the relative of a senior minister and linked to Coal India Limited, and Shailendra Kumar Sinha, Chairman and CEO of Game Changing Educators. Kumar said, "I can't yet say if I am a potential customer. I just want to have a feel of the cars and to know about their specifications."
Patna-based Sinha, who appreciates the proficiency of German car makers in the automotive sector, expressed his happiness when he saw the Mercedes Benz model that he drives in USA was on display in the city itself. He commented, "Till now, India has been a hub of small and medium cars, but now the Indian market is ready for high-end luxury cars."
Notably, Patna is one of the Tier II and Tier III cities that are home to an ever-increasing number of 'evolved customers'. Many luxury car makers, including Mercedes Benz and its compatriot rivals Audi and BMW are looking to tap into the potential of these markets to boost sales.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Mercedes-Benz R-Class to be removed from Indian auto market
- Boris Becker unveils new Mercedes-Benz 2013 GL-Class
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class promises to be a new name in luxury
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class set to take on BMW's Mini Cooper in India
- Mercedes-Benz India launches GL-Class facelift at Rs. 77.5 lakh
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class facelift to be launched in India today
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class to be a definite head turner
- Mercedes-Benz opens the doors of 'Silver Arrows', its first store in Noida
- Mercedes-Benz India to launch a new entry-level SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class facelift set for its Indian launch on May 16, 2013
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class becomes a rage in the Indian social media circuit
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to reclaim top spot for Mercedes in India
- Mercedes-Benz ties up with MTV India for the new A-Class Pulsate campaign
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class boasts of looks to take on BMW 5 series
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class unveiled before May 30 Indian launch