Mercedes-Benz chalks out plans to get back the leading position in India
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
After losing the pinnacle position the Indian luxury car market to its German compatriots, Mercedes-Benz is spearheading to roll out its upcoming model line-up in the country based on its newly developed MFA platform. This move is considered by the premium car maker as an indispensable part of its 'Mercedes-Benz 2020' growth strategy.
The company is heading towards capturing the leading position with strong sales growth and has embarked upon its strategic plans comprising of new infrastructural and technological developments in India. This will result in the launch of new and versatile models built on the Mercedes-Benz’s innovative Modular Front Architecture (MFA) platform.
Dr. Dieter Zetsche, CEO, Mercedes-Benz made a staunch statement saying that the company is highly determined to enjoy the leading position in the Indian auto market. The company has confirmed that its new Sports Tourer, B-Class will be its first ever car to be launched in the new MFA platform. The Mercedes-Benz B-Class made its debut recently, at the Buddh International Circuit, which attaches the company’s promise of the sedan’s drive combined with SUV’s performance.
The next model to be equipped above the MFA platform is the small family car, A-Class. The A-Class boasts the hatchback styling on the front but extends towards the rear like an MPV with highly spacious interiors.
Also lined up is a new compact SUV, Mercedes-Benz GLA that will hit production in the later phase of 2013 will be designed to offer immense interior space with edgy and uber cool appeal. The GLA compact SUV is anticipated to be priced in the range of Rs. 23 lakh to Rs. 30 lakh.
The fourth model with MFA platform is Mercedes-Benz CLA, a mini CLS saloon-coupé version of A-Class. The CLA will be positioned below the C-class saloon in terms of price and features.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Mercedes-Benz R-Class to be removed from Indian auto market
- Boris Becker unveils new Mercedes-Benz 2013 GL-Class
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class promises to be a new name in luxury
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class set to take on BMW's Mini Cooper in India
- Mercedes-Benz India launches GL-Class facelift at Rs. 77.5 lakh
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class facelift to be launched in India today
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class to be a definite head turner
- Mercedes-Benz opens the doors of 'Silver Arrows', its first store in Noida
- Mercedes-Benz India to launch a new entry-level SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class facelift set for its Indian launch on May 16, 2013
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class becomes a rage in the Indian social media circuit
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to reclaim top spot for Mercedes in India
- Mercedes-Benz ties up with MTV India for the new A-Class Pulsate campaign
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class boasts of looks to take on BMW 5 series
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class unveiled before May 30 Indian launch