Mercedes Benz B Class F – CELL wins eCar Award 2012
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Mercedes Benz B Class F – CELL, which was introduced in the market in year 2009, has been announced as winner of eCar Award 2012 in the category"Best electric vehicle with fuel cell" by the German auto magazines Auto Bild and Auto Test.
The B Class F – CELL model works on an interesting mechanism in which it produces electricity on its own through onboard hydrogen - oxygen chemical reaction. More than 18,324 readersof these two magazines participated in an online survey.
The car is loaded with a 100 kW electric motor that is equivalent to a 2.0L petrol engine. The car has a capacity to cover the distance of 400 km in single one tank full. The NEDC consumption of the vehicle is about 3.3 liters / 100 kms. Being a zero emission car, the Mercedes Benz B Class F – CELL delivers an impressive performance and has been one of the most popular cars in its segment.
The F – CELL model has been a big step ahead in the direction of adopting a greener approach in the production and development of new age cars.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to get 1.6 litre and 2.2 litre engines in India
- Mercedes-Benz R-Class to be removed from Indian auto market
- Boris Becker unveils new Mercedes-Benz 2013 GL-Class
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class promises to be a new name in luxury
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class set to take on BMW's Mini Cooper in India
- Mercedes-Benz India launches GL-Class facelift at Rs. 77.5 lakh
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class facelift to be launched in India today
- 2014 Mercedes S-Class to be a definite head turner
- Mercedes-Benz opens the doors of 'Silver Arrows', its first store in Noida
- Mercedes-Benz India to launch a new entry-level SUV
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class facelift set for its Indian launch on May 16, 2013
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class becomes a rage in the Indian social media circuit
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class to reclaim top spot for Mercedes in India
- Mercedes-Benz ties up with MTV India for the new A-Class Pulsate campaign
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz E-Class boasts of looks to take on BMW 5 series