Mazda CX-5 spied testing in India!
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
The Japanese auto maker Mazda Motor Corporation, which has been planning to enter the Indian auto market since last few year, is seems to have finalized to commence their Indian operations in the passenger car segment. Recently, a test mule of CX-5 crossover was caught testing in Gurgaon. After its launch in India, the major competitors of the car will be including the likes of Honda CR-V, Renault Koleos and Ford Endeavour.
Being a five seater Sports Utility Vehicle, the CX-5 model is inspired by the crouching cheetah design. The SUV is blessed with Mazda’s Kodo design language. In the global market, CX-5 is available in both petrol and diesel versions.
The petrol version of the car is powered by a 2.0L engine which is capable of delivering a peak power of 155 bhp. On the other hand, the diesel version is loaded with a 2.2 L engine that generates a peak power of 147 bhp.
The major attraction of the CX-5 model is Mazda’s new SKYACTIV technology which not only combines the car with new efficient engine series and transmission, but also offers a rigid and lightweight platform. The new technology makes the SUV highly fuel efficient as well as reduces the carbon emission level.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Nissan to launch five new Datsun models in India
- Mercedes-Benz R-Class to be removed from Indian auto market
- MoU signed between IDBI bank and ICML for selling MUVs in India
- BMW X6 at 2013 TCS World 10K run in Bangalore; Enticing offers on X1 and 3 Series
- Comparison of mid-size sedans: Honda City Vs Ford Fiesta
- Mahindra to launch new Verito Vibe hatch on June 5
- Ford India lists EcoSport Urban Discovery finalists on its website
- Fiat to organise free check up camps for existing Indian customers
- Nano: Art In Motion ties up with 'Fukrey' for an interesting contest
- Boris Becker unveils new Mercedes-Benz 2013 GL-Class
- Ford EcoSport bookings begin in June, safety features highlighted in media
- Honda Amaze to be officially launched in Nepal during June 2013
- Fiat eyes 5 per cent market share through dealership expansion and new launches
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India to spread riding awareness among women
- First time Indian buyers prefer premium hatchbacks and compact sedans