Maruti to roll-out 150 cars per day from Manesar plant
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL), the largest car maker in the Indian market, has said that their Manesar plant will be producing 150 cars a day after reopening. It is to be mentioned here that the company is planning restart the production at this plant from 21st August, almost a month after stopping the production on 19th July. One company HR manager had lost his life in the violence that left over 100 others injured.
In a bid to ensure full proof safety at the Manesar plant, the company will be deploying around 100 security guards. It is to be mentioned here that the State Police has already deployed over 500 armed policemen at this plant.
The Manesar plant of the company has a total capacity of producing 550,000 vehicles-a-year, and the company produces some of its best selling cars there including the hatchback Swift.
Meanwhile, the company has sped-up the work for rolling-out new Alto800 in the Indian market. The New Alto will be shelved in the price segment of Rs 2 to 3 lakh, where it will be competing with the likes of Hyundai Eon and Tata Nano.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume