Maruti to employ only permanent workers in all core areas
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Following a deadly violence at their Manesar based manufacturing facility last week, the country’s largest car maker Maruti Suzuki has said that they will stop hiring contractual workers, which currently accounts for a major part of their current manpower at this plant.
In a bid to prevent such incidents from happening in future, the company will now be hiring only regular or permanent workers, across all of its five manufacturing plants situated in Gurgaon and Manesar. As per the company, all employees hired in the core areas of manufacturing will be permanent.
The company is planning to change their existing hiring policy completely, and now Maruti’s own HR department will be responsible for the entire recruitment process. So far, the company has been hiring a considerable number of contract employees to meet the increased production demand during specific periods like Diwali festive season.
Speaking on the matter on Saturday, Mr. RC Bhargava, Maruti Suzuki Chairman, said, "We will not have any contract worker in the core areas of manufacturing after March 2013. We have decided to change the mode of employment and all future recruitment would be done through the HR department to remove all distortions."
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Sport caught testing in Mumbai