Maruti Suzuki to unleash Cervo by Diwali to replace M800 and Alto
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
With speculations around the replacement model for its M800 and Alto models becoming hotter, Maruti Suzuki has remained tight lipped for quite some time. According to reliable sources, the company will launch Cervo in order to take the place of the two 800 cc cars by Diwali 2012. According to a senior official of Maruti Suzuki, “The work on the new car is going on and the company is planning to launch it before Diwali.”
It is anticipated that petrol and diesel variants of the car are on the anvil. The petrol version of the upcoming car is expected to be priced between Rs. 2 and 2.5 lacs, though the cost of the diesel edition of the model remains undecided. With the availability of a diesel variant, the company will be able to cater to a larger audience and salvage lost market share.
The new model boasts of a Suzuki 660 cc powertrain under the hood, which is expected to deliver excellent fuel efficiency. Inside the cabin, Cervo will have a dashboard similar to Swift's, wherein the rectangular air vent is in the centre and circular ones are on the sides. However, there were indications that the look of the model might change in comparison to the released images. Final details of the car will be out soon, before the start of the festive season, as work is going on at frenzied pace at Maruti's plants. The design and development of the car is complete except some minor details.
With the launch of the hyped Cervo in Indian automobile market, the leading car maker is stepping up to maintain its stronghold in the low cost car segment. Maruti Suzuki is targeting the market of world's cheapest car Tata Nano with this model, which costs just Rs. 1 lac. Tata Nano and Hyundai Eon are the two chief competitors of the Cervo, complete with its trendy looks and an engine which packs better punch.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
looks like a cramped version of Estilo. Isn't it?May 17, 2012 by Abhi
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Sport caught testing in Mumbai