Maruti Suzuki to launch Alto 800 in Algeria
Subscribe to NewsletterPlease fill your name and email ID to get our daily auto news mailer.
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL), the country's favourite passenger car manufacturer, has revealed intentions to introduce its volume puller Alto 800 entry-level small car in the Algerian auto market. The company will unveil its Alto 800 subcompact hatch at the 2013 Algiers Motor Show, which is scheduled to be held in March this year.
The company removed its Maruti 800 entry-level city car from Algeria last year, which was among the best selling vehicles in the African nation. Further, the Alto 800 subcompact car will be pitched as a high end product over the Maruti 800 model. As per reports, the Maruti 800 entry-level small car had registered a massive success in Algerian passenger car market. Accordingly, Maruti Suzuki will be hoping to replay its biggest success story of Indian market last year, in a new territory.
At present, Maruti Suzuki has no vehicle manufacturing unit in Algeria and will introduce the entry-level Alto 800 small car via Completely Built Unit (CBU) route. The company is expected to commence export operations of the locally assembled Alto 800 units to the North African nation soon.
The company has decided not to change the Alto 800 design, which is marketed in domestic passenger car market, at the moment. The Alto 800 model that is going to be exported to Algeria comes fitted with a 796 cc, 3-cylinder, petrol powertrain under its hood. The 0.8 litre engine will churn out a maximum power output of 48 bhp along with a peak torque delivery of 67 Nm. Interestingly, it has been revealed that the company will not introduce its dual fuel petrol – CNG version of Alto 800 hatchback in the Algerian passenger car market.
Comments on this article
Post a comment on this article
- Demand for DZire outpaces Swift in April for the first time in April 2013
- Auto sector should be out of India-EU FTA, as per Maruti
- Chilean auto market receives the Maruti Suzuki Alto 800
- Maruti Suzuki to roll out a new diesel LCV in India
- Maruti Suzuki to breathe new life into its Indian fleet with a new models
- Maruti Suzuki to introduce YL1 hatch and YL7 sedan in India
- Indian Army to make a switch to Mahindra Scorpio or Tata Safari from Maruti Gypsy
- Hyundai BA could challenge Maruti Suzuki Swift soon in India
- Maruti Suzuki to replace low selling cars with new ones soon
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Feliz special edition to launch soon
- Suzuki introduces Ertiga with automatic gearbox in Indonesia
- Maruti Suzuki reports a 3.1 per cent drop in sales for April 2013
- Swift DZire diesel records a mileage of 45.8 kmpl at DZirable Mileage Rally
- Work on Maruti Suzukiís new Gujarat facility on schedule
- Maruti Suzuki to focus on rural market to increase sales volume