Maruti Suzuki to launch Alto 800 in Algeria
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL), the country's favourite passenger car manufacturer, has revealed intentions to introduce its volume puller Alto 800 entry-level small car in the Algerian auto market. The company will unveil its Alto 800 subcompact hatch at the 2013 Algiers Motor Show, which is scheduled to be held in March this year.
The company removed its Maruti 800 entry-level city car from Algeria last year, which was among the best selling vehicles in the African nation. Further, the Alto 800 subcompact car will be pitched as a high end product over the Maruti 800 model. As per reports, the Maruti 800 entry-level small car had registered a massive success in Algerian passenger car market. Accordingly, Maruti Suzuki will be hoping to replay its biggest success story of Indian market last year, in a new territory.
At present, Maruti Suzuki has no vehicle manufacturing unit in Algeria and will introduce the entry-level Alto 800 small car via Completely Built Unit (CBU) route. The company is expected to commence export operations of the locally assembled Alto 800 units to the North African nation soon.
The company has decided not to change the Alto 800 design, which is marketed in domestic passenger car market, at the moment. The Alto 800 model that is going to be exported to Algeria comes fitted with a 796 cc, 3-cylinder, petrol powertrain under its hood. The 0.8 litre engine will churn out a maximum power output of 48 bhp along with a peak torque delivery of 67 Nm. Interestingly, it has been revealed that the company will not introduce its dual fuel petrol – CNG version of Alto 800 hatchback in the Algerian passenger car market.
- Kawasaki plans to introduce Ninja ZX-6R 636, Vulcan S, Z250SL in India
- Harley recalls 46000 models for a possible Clutch Malfunction
- Bharat Stage V and VI emission norms to be imposed in auto industry
- Royal Enfield plans on earning the title of being world's No. 1 midsized motorcycle maker
- Mahindra e2o gets cheaper by Rs. 92,000, likely to boost sales
- Zoomcar Enters Chennai; Plans to Have 3,000 Cars to its Fleet This Year
- Bajaj Pulsar Range Likely to Have Multiple Bigger Capacity Bikes
- Audi on demand program allows you to rent out your favorite super-car on per-day basis