Maruti Suzuki to launch Alto 800 in Algeria
Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL), the country's favourite passenger car manufacturer, has revealed intentions to introduce its volume puller Alto 800 entry-level small car in the Algerian auto market. The company will unveil its Alto 800 subcompact hatch at the 2013 Algiers Motor Show, which is scheduled to be held in March this year.
The company removed its Maruti 800 entry-level city car from Algeria last year, which was among the best selling vehicles in the African nation. Further, the Alto 800 subcompact car will be pitched as a high end product over the Maruti 800 model. As per reports, the Maruti 800 entry-level small car had registered a massive success in Algerian passenger car market. Accordingly, Maruti Suzuki will be hoping to replay its biggest success story of Indian market last year, in a new territory.
At present, Maruti Suzuki has no vehicle manufacturing unit in Algeria and will introduce the entry-level Alto 800 small car via Completely Built Unit (CBU) route. The company is expected to commence export operations of the locally assembled Alto 800 units to the North African nation soon.
The company has decided not to change the Alto 800 design, which is marketed in domestic passenger car market, at the moment. The Alto 800 model that is going to be exported to Algeria comes fitted with a 796 cc, 3-cylinder, petrol powertrain under its hood. The 0.8 litre engine will churn out a maximum power output of 48 bhp along with a peak torque delivery of 67 Nm. Interestingly, it has been revealed that the company will not introduce its dual fuel petrol – CNG version of Alto 800 hatchback in the Algerian passenger car market.
- Maruti Swift facelift launching this festive season
- Toyota Etios Cross - Stylish performer starting from INR 5.76 Lakhs
- Tata Motors expects Zest sedan to strengthen sales in India
- Honda Amaze diesel facelift expected to further boost its sales in India next year
- Hyundai ix25 to launch first in China, India launch expected by next year
- Skoda India announces 24x7 Roadside Assistance program for its entire model range
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio diesel expected to be priced under INR 6.0 Lakhs
- Honda Mobilio receives over 8,500 bookings under just a month